Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Wireless Stereo Headset won't charge

Jul 17, 2013

I am also having this problem i tried this and my mic still does not work the red light turns on for about 2 secs and goes out my mic is completely dead and will not charge

Message 21 of 54 (4,291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 3, 2013
Same here I will plug it in and the red light will go on for a second and then it will shut off. Now it won't charge or turn on at all
Message 22 of 54 (4,164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 10, 2013

I had the same problem.  I didn't use my headset for a year. I was about to throw it away and then I decided to try to charge it one last time.  In order for mine to charge, I have to tilt the USB cord to towards my body while it's in the port. It charges, but it's a pain because I have to tape the USB to the side of the headset for it to work. Either that, or I have to hold it manually and sit there while it charges -__-

Message 23 of 54 (4,110 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 30, 2013

We have the same problem as TheLegacy408.

We have to set the headset down on the charging port side so it is resting on the bend in the charging cord and get it to crank the male connector to one side.  We always charged the device with the Original charging cord that came with the PS3 and was temporarily fixed by using a less used usb cord which had a tighter fit in the port. However, we have had to start resting to charge in the same manner with this cord. I believe the the port just needs to be replaced.  We are going to buy a new charging cord to see if that makes the difference.

However, in case it needs repair.....Does anyone know if there is a special part number or DIY on the disassembly?

Message 24 of 54 (3,968 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Aug 30, 2013

NorahAura wrote:

We have the same problem as TheLegacy408.

We have to set the headset down on the charging port side so it is resting on the bend in the charging cord and get it to crank the male connector to one side.  We always charged the device with the Original charging cord that came with the PS3 and was temporarily fixed by using a less used usb cord which had a tighter fit in the port. However, we have had to start resting to charge in the same manner with this cord. I believe the the port just needs to be replaced.  We are going to buy a new charging cord to see if that makes the difference.

However, in case it needs repair.....Does anyone know if there is a special part number or DIY on the disassembly?

If you are referring to a USB port, I believe they are like the HDMI port and are hard wired to the mobo. They CAN be resoldered, but that is definitely a job for an electronics repair technician so unless you have that skill level I would suggest contacting Endless Electronics or a shop that specializes in this type of repair to get a price quote.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 25 of 54 (3,964 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Mine won't charge as well. Altough I've got my headset or quite some time. I tried plugging in the USB cord to my headset and it only blinks red for a few seconds then goes blue.

Message 26 of 54 (3,604 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Nov 6, 2013

I have had the SAME problem! the thing is difective and I thought it was only me untill I saw this site. The irony is i had the origional pulse and its way better than the pulse!

Message 27 of 54 (3,518 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Just wanted to say that I was having this exact same problem, and nothing seemed to work (trying different ports that had previously all worked, resetting it, etc.) Finally, I did what someone else suggested earlier and plugged it directly into a wall outlet via my iPhone usb charger and it works fine! I figured it was an issue with the jack in the headset itself or possibly the cord being faulty, but it has no problem charging using the iPhone usb charger thing.

Just thought I'd validate that this method seems to work for some of us. And to be clear, I'm talking about the little white square USB plugin thing that comes with quite a few different Mac products, especially with phones and I think mac minis. I imagine you can get one pretty cheap. Then again, we're talking about Macinto$h here...

Message 28 of 54 (3,386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2013
I didn't actually have to do that. When I plugged my headset it, I just hit the reset button behind the volume button and it kept a charge. My model is the CECHYA-0088.
Message 29 of 54 (3,328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 19, 2013

I have the Chechya-0086.  I just got these from a friend and when I plugged fired them up they worked great until the battery ran out.  Now I'm trying to charge the things and nothing is happening.  I've tried all the resets.. behind the volume.. the three button with nothing.  I plug in the USB to the phones and nothing happens.. no lights nothing.. I can plug in my controller and they charge great. 

I'm pretty lost at this point. Any help is appreciated

Message 30 of 54 (3,187 Views)
0 Likes