Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Re: PS3 controller won't turn on - no lights

Mar 24, 2012

crap none of this has worked for me .I just got this for x-mas 2011 . should have keeped  the recite .

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Mar 29, 2012

good old sony .

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Apr 8, 2012

totaly helples here .

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 16, 2012

Hi, I hope someone can help me, my controller was wokring fine last night and today when i wanted to play, the controller didnt turn on so I figure it needed charging, Iconnect it to my ps3 and it start charging( slow flashes of red light) but when I tried to use it it didnt work it just kept charging so i figure ill let it charge for an hour, but it still doesnt turn on, it charges but it doesnt turn on so i can use it, anyhelp?

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

May 17, 2012

There is a small recessed reset button on the back of the controller next to a screw hole at the top edge. Give it a single push with the tip of a pen or a fine ballpoint pen.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Jun 7, 2012

still dead . sony was right the ps3 will cost $1,000 . so far on my 3rd system and 4th controller .

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Jun 7, 2012

Does the controller work with a friend's PS3?

Why are you on your third system? Are you buying these used?

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 7, 2012

Easy but totally wrong solution: Buy a new controller same color from walmart, clean up yours, replace/swap in carefully opened case, return. Called the Walmart Warranty. It always works.

But in all seriousness, I had this happen on a brand new controller and ended up just replacing it. Tried the reset button and everything. There are just some duds out there. The other 4 I've had for over 2 years still working fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Yeah my controller just turned off on me yesterday when i was playing survivor in MW3 and it wont turn on or charge anymore so that sucks

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14958 posts

Jun 14, 2012

StalkySnail wrote:

Hey you guys.  I just had this problem literally ten minutes ago.  The controller was running out of battery and I couldn't charge it with my crappy usb cord.  I kept playing and the controller died.   So anyway, It died and the lights wouldn't turn on when I had the controller plugged in.  I tried two different cords and it was the same situation.  Pretty much I read what I found here on the forums and someone mentioned that it's because the battery for the controller is dead and will not charge.  

Then i remembered I used to do a trick with the batteries of my old game boy color.  When my double A batteries were dead I would thow them into the freezer for a few minutes.  This would then give them a little kick and I would get maybe.. 1-2 minutes of game play (POKEMON WOOO) when I plugged them back into my gameboy!  So, I set my Ps3 controller into the freezer for about 5 minutes, took it out and the bottom felt pretty cold (where the battery is located).  Plugged it in and .. TA DA the lights came on.  I think by doing this i was able to cause a electric current to run around in the battery and give it a little juice.

I'm no physics expert but hey, it worked for me and it might work for you.  I'd like to mention that my controller's battery just died before i did this so that could be a reason it worked for me.  Also,  If yours has been dead for a long time.. you might have to replace the battery.. but I'll leave it up to you to decide whether you  want to try the freezer, resetting your controller, or buying a new battery

Back to COD for me,

-StalkySnail

Thats only going to make matters worse for batteries. It only makes them burn out even faster.

And buying a replacement battery for the controller is dirt cheap.... like $10-15 cheap, on ebay all day long for a samsung brand battery.

Also making sure that you always have a controller with a full charge and never letting it drain all the way and leaving it dead for extended periods really helps. Also, not hitting the controller, throwing the controller, stepping on it and generally abusing the controller helps in giving you a long life of use.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 125 (4,960 Views)
0 Likes