Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2013
By: Snoochie023 First Son 5 posts

PS Eye does not recognize the PS Move Sphere

4 replies 924 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

I have had the ps move for quite some time (not long after initial launch).  It worked fine the las time I used it, which was quite some time ago (a year or so).  Recently I decided I would try it out again on Okami HD and a few backlog games (Dead Space Extraction); however,  I can not get it to work.  The error message I get keeps saying the ps eye can not see the ps move sphere.  I have calibrated the move through XMB and checked the eye through XMB to verify it is working.  I also have tried numerous "fixes" found after doing google searches about ps move problems.  I have not found any information that relates to my issue specifically, and am hoping someone on this board may be able to help.  Hopefully it is something simple I am overlooking.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (924 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13578 posts

Re: PS Eye does not recognize the PS Move Sphere

Jan 21, 2013

Did you make sure that the Eye is set to wide-angle mode on the lens?  It won't work with the Move if it is set to narrow view.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (921 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Yes, i actually tried both settings.  The weird thing is, considering everything I have read, everything is working properly.  I don't understand it.  I have even tried odd things like changing my shirt to one of a different color, and turning off all lights so the room is dark. I have tried various distances from the eye, adjusting how high or low I set the eye in the room, pretty much everything I can think of.  It seems like the eye just doesn't recognize the colors from the move controller.  I guess I could have a faulty eye but the thing has just been sitting for a long time not being used and it worked fine the last time I used.  Stranger things have happened I suppose? 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (919 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Maybe after a year your Move Battery is weak. If so,this video may help... Move Battery Replacement

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (887 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (525 Views)
0 Likes