Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 28 2012
By: WiccanWays First Son 1 posts

Dreamgear Elite headset problems

7 replies 5385 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

I just got a Dreamgear Elite headset for Xmas and the microphone is working fine but there is no game sound coming from the headphones. My PS3 is connected to my TV through an HDMI cable and the headset is connected to the PS3 through the USB and connected to the TV through the RCA plugs (red/white) just like it should be. The Dreamgear name appears in the audio options on my PS3 and I have it set to that but still no game audio in the headphones, only chat. Does anyone else have this headset or know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8 (5,385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Dreamgear Elite headset problems

Dec 28, 2012

Are you sure that the headset is connected to the "audio out" on your TV? If all you did was match up the colors more than likely you connected the headset to the "audio in" instead. If your TV doesn't have a standard analog audio (red/white) outpiut then you can connect the headset using the headphone jack on your TV. If you TV doesn't have that connection just contact dreamgear and I'm sure they can help you.

Message 2 of 8 (5,375 Views)
Splicer
38 posts

Apr 10, 2013
That's totally what was wrong with my connection, thank you so much. C: Fixed it instantly.
Message 3 of 8 (5,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I got the sound to work by putting the rca plugs in audio out but the mic is still not working. Any clue? :smileytongue:

Message 4 of 8 (4,864 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 12, 2013
I'm having the same issue and I just got mine a couple days ago.
Message 5 of 8 (4,781 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Goto Audio Settings and turn Multi Tune on

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 6 of 8 (4,777 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2013

i just recently got the same headset. after i struggled with tha same problem i realized that the 3.5 mm jack has to be connected to the addapter that goes to the av cable. i know you want to have the video in the best quality still. so i kept messing with the settings and found if you go under the display settings and select the av multi setting one it will enable both hdmi and av cable "and yes you do need the av cable that came with the ps3/ps2" hook up the head set both to the addaptor and the usp to the ps3 than you will have game adio and video. I hope this helps you 

Message 7 of 8 (4,356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

6 days ago

I have a problem like this. Except that I can hear the game and people talking from my mic, but my mic cant catch my voice. For example, in cod, if you have a mic, it shows next to your username, and when you talk it shows sound coming from it, but for me it doesnt. Help!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes