- Your PSNID: maplinchris
- Internet Service Type Cable
- Connection Type Both Wireless / Wired
- Internet Service Provider: Virgin Media
- Access Point/Router Brand and Model: I have the super hib with the latest firmware
- Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing: I have been trying at diffrent times of the day and found no benifit to my issues.. I am on an over 50mbps connection and even though the PS4 says its all good to stream after a few minuets gameplay it starts to break up picture wise then disconnect.. Sometimes it lasts a little longer but still does the same.. I have also tryed a good few games now and all do the same thing... Conection test speed shows my download as 16mbps and upload of 6.2...
Most games I play have had this issue. I'm connected with an Ethernet cable and I get a good 38mbps download speed, 3.4mbps upload speed. No other devices are connected to my router.
Can you try connecting your PS4 directly into the modem to see if your connection improves?
We have tried in the off hours and it still tends to cut out after about 10 minutes of gameplay. We also have no issues streaming HD Netflix or Youtube with our TV with this connection and the wired in connection never cuts out on other devices, it is only the playstation that experiences issues. We do not have a way to test if gaming online with the playstation has the same issue, so we cannot tell if it is just a ps now issue or an issue with the playstation.
With an average connection running at around 50Mbps, even sharing has never caused issues with any other streaming we have done or any other devices.
I'll have our engineers take a look. However response may take awhile. In the meantime, you can try following troubleshooting:
Reduce the number of devices and applications running on your network: If any of the applications listed below are running on your computer, console, or mobile device, we recommend shutting them down to improve your Internet connectivity while streaming games.
- Streaming video applications (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube)
- Cloud backup or sync applications (Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud)
- Content downloads (BitTorrent, software, games, movies, or music)
- Video/audio communication apps (FaceTime, Skype)
Keep in mind that other people who share your Internet connection may have applications running on their devices too. A roommate or family member watching a Netflix video, downloading a game to their PS4, or performing some other high-bandwidth activity, can affect your available bandwidth.
Try off-peak hours: If you’re on a public or shared Internet connection - an office, hotel, library, or college dormitory - you may experience limited bandwidth, especially during high-usage times like early evenings and weekends. Please try connecting during lower-usage times such as early mornings or late nights.
Power cycle your modem and router
Also, My Shadow of the Colossus saved data through Playstation Now got erased somehow.
Do you have the date and time of when you last confirmed to have a working save data?