PS Now Developer
943 posts

Re: Troubleshooting Connection issues on PS Now

Mar 27, 2015

TheArchivist95,

Because PlayStation Now is streaming high-quality, low-latency video games, the quality of your network connectivity is critical. If you’re on a public or shared Internet connection, you may experience limited bandwidth, especially during high-usage times like early evenings and weekends. You can try connecting during lower-usage times such as early mornings or late nights to see if you can see any improvement in your connection. Also if you have the option of using wired connection, try that too.

Message 31 of 509 (6,303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 27, 2015

I unfortunately do not have access to a wired connection. What I don't understand is why the system said things would be working fine before I purchased a month.

Message 32 of 509 (6,300 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2015
  • Your PSNID=xFEARGASMx
  • Internet Service Type =Cable
  • Connection Type =: Wireless
  • Internet Service Provider:comcast xfiinty
  • Access Point/Router Brand and Model= arris TG852G (NCS)
  • iM not haveing problems conecting or anything but i am concerned about  the video quality. it seems a bit blurry and not at full HD.  is this normal? also every few minutes the sound will glitch.  im thinking switching to a wired  conection would fix this but im not sure.  i checked my download speed and it peaked at about 23 mbps.  (even though i have a 50 mbps plan)
Message 33 of 509 (6,296 Views)
0 Likes
PS Now Developer
511 posts

Mar 27, 2015

xFEARGASMx

Can you try connecting wired to see if this solves the issue? If not, we can look into it further for you to see if there is something else causing the issue.

Message 34 of 509 (6,265 Views)
0 Likes
PS Now Developer
943 posts

Mar 27, 2015

TheArchivist95,

The connection test tests your network when you initiate it. Looking at your bandwidth pattern, there are times when you do have a good connection. So most likely when you tried the connection test, it was one of the times when you had a good connection.

If your connection is not working for you, you can contact the chat support and request a refund.

http://us.playstation.com/chat 

Message 35 of 509 (6,253 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 28, 2015

sorry it took me so long to get back  to you...  i had to go out and buy a longer ethernet cable so i can reach my ps4.  anyways. after i hooked it up i tested the conection on my ps4 and im now peaking at 30 mbps. this as completly gotten rid of the sound glitching and occasional screen tearing.  howerver the video quality still seems degraded.  its hard to explain but it looks like im playing a youtube video.  it may be what they call video compression artifacts.  its not that bad. however it is noticeable.. expressly when im playing bioshock infinite.

Message 36 of 509 (6,234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 29, 2015

• Your PSNID: ToxicDawger
  • Internet Service Type (Select from the following): Cable
  • Connection Type (Select from the following): Wired
  • Internet Service Provider:  Brighthouse
  • Access Point/Router Brand and Model: Linksys E2000
  • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing:

Just signed up for your trial (first time user of the PS now service), and am excited to use.  I show about 16mbps download (1mpbs upload).  My connection test passes when starting PS Now.  However, I always get disconnected from the server.  Seems especially prevelant when trying more taxing games like Dead or Alive 5, or Street Fighter IV....it seems like I will get disconnected when button mashing within the first few rounds of play.  Haven't been able to play those games for more than 5 minutes or so without gettnig disconnected from the server.

I tried contacting customer service (via Chat) and have opened up ports as described by the customer service representative, but still experiencing issues.

Any ideas on why it may be disconnecting?

Message 37 of 509 (6,221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 29, 2015
Your PSNID DFWILSON Internet Service Type (Select from the following): Dial-up / DSL / Cable / Fiber Optic / Other Fiber Optic Connection Type (Select from the following): Wireless / Wired tried both Internet Service Provider: Verizon Fios Access Point/Router Brand and Model: Verizon fios router. Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing: The "this content is unavailable"
Message 38 of 509 (6,210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 29, 2015
Psnid- farrisalmighty
Internet service type dsl
Connection type wired
Service provider comcast Xfinity
Access point/router brand and model Belkin ac750
Message 39 of 509 (6,204 Views)
0 Likes
PS Now Developer
943 posts

Mar 30, 2015

ToxicDawger wrote:

• Your PSNID: ToxicDawger
  • Internet Service Type (Select from the following): Cable
  • Connection Type (Select from the following): Wired
  • Internet Service Provider:  Brighthouse
  • Access Point/Router Brand and Model: Linksys E2000
  • Explanation of the connection issue you're experiencing:

Just signed up for your trial (first time user of the PS now service), and am excited to use.  I show about 16mbps download (1mpbs upload).  My connection test passes when starting PS Now.  However, I always get disconnected from the server.  Seems especially prevelant when trying more taxing games like Dead or Alive 5, or Street Fighter IV....it seems like I will get disconnected when button mashing within the first few rounds of play.  Haven't been able to play those games for more than 5 minutes or so without gettnig disconnected from the server.

I tried contacting customer service (via Chat) and have opened up ports as described by the customer service representative, but still experiencing issues.

Any ideas on why it may be disconnecting?

Have you tried connecting your PS4 directly to the modem yet? If not, please give that a try.  A lot of the issues we're receiving reports on seem to be related to the routers.

Also if it's not physically possible to connect your PS4 directly to the modem, please try the following:

• Power cycle your modem and router
  • Reset the router to default settings
  • Update your router to the latest firmware
  • Open UDP Port: 2053
  • Set the MTU value to 1454. MTU setting can be accessed by PS4 -> Settings -> Network -> Setup -> Use LAN -> Custom -> MTU Settings -> Manual
Message 40 of 509 (6,172 Views)
0 Likes