Splicer
58 posts

Re: PSNOW - Your complete guide to why it sucks

Dec 2, 2015
I stream PS Now to my Samsung TV. The resolution and games look identical to playing them on a PS3. Yes, the resolution is capped at 720p, however, most PS3 games ran at 720p natively anyway. The games are only in Stereo, and this is a negative at the moment, however, the service is still in its infancy! Eventually, 1080p and 5.1 will be supported! Give it time to evolve.

As for playing the games, I have not experienced one single moment of lag or input latency and Ive played on a wireless connection. It simply works flawlessly for me.

You guys complain they are charging you for games you already purchased? That is not what this service is. This is an entirely new experience, the future of gaming, that will provide not only PS3 games, but PS1, PS2, and eventually PS4 games. Just because you purchased a DVD 10 years ago, are you mad at Netflix because they charge you $9.99 a month to stream a movie you once owned??

Enough is enough already from you closed minded people! The price of Playstation Now is literally $5.00 more a month than Netflix. Get over it and get on board because this is the future, even if you vocal minority are to stubborn to see it.
Message 11 of 23 (1,399 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Dec 2, 2015
I agree i enjoy it as i play ps now on a pstv system with a ps3 controller as you know there is some poor folk out in this world who cant afford ps4s and yes it may have some problems but the benefits out way the negatives for me as the only thing i wish would be is more fps games with online multiplayer other wise its a great service
Message 12 of 23 (1,394 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Dec 3, 2015
I have a strong disdain for PS Now also, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the points the OP mentioned. 'The Random Removal of Games' from the subscription service, is what burns me up to no end...
Message 13 of 23 (1,380 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
34671 posts

Dec 3, 2015

GooseDaPlaymaker wrote:
I have a strong disdain for PS Now also, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the points the OP mentioned. 'The Random Removal of Games' from the subscription service, is what burns me up to no end...

There is nothing random about it. You just don't get advised in advance of changes. Sony doesn't own 90% of the games on PlayStation Now.  The publishers of those games have the right to remove their games from the service if they want to, for whatever business reasons.  Sony can't do anything about that.  Even Sony itself will make changes to the games included in the subscription from time to time, if its business requires that.  Unlike PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now only sells short term subscriptions (3 months maximum).  If you decide that the subscription is not worth the money anymore based on the games that are available, then just don't renew.

GKP
Message 14 of 23 (1,370 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2015

That why I rather own games now a days, they always going to play the "it's not in our hands" game.

Message 15 of 23 (1,350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 30, 2016

Just got it 2 days ago cancelling now absolutely discusting compression my speeds are 50 mbp unless you pulling your finger out sony and offer the same quality of graphics no compression for higher bit players capable, your failured loss i bet next year sony will be dead via ps4 consoles dont think your fan boys will hold you, Enjoy lack of funds real soon.  Bioshock 1 and 2 is so discusting to visually looo at it looks like a old pc game from 1998 resolutionalised down to 800x1000 example only, its a joke. You think because ppl read your facts online sony that we as hardcore gamers from the 80s and up and beofore beeliee it we pay your wages think b4 you **bleep** us off.  XBOX are ruining you hell i prefer the support of  nintendo, and i have always owned each console and ps was always my favourite but now your taking the **bleep**. The quicker we stop buying from these guys and spreading the word the better and your helping pirates get these games free only think possible keeping you in buissness is trophy support on ps now not for long if its unplayable.  GREEDY 

Message 16 of 23 (1,084 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 29, 2016
Yea so I agree my main peeve is that start select ends the game just ******* off. It is aclassic motion of every gamers since birth. Want the map select no it is start. Lol troll face didn't save did you "customer" trololololol. I quite hate these people.
Message 17 of 23 (1,014 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 2, 2016

this ps now suck why i cant just buy the games **bleep** would i want to rent this **bleep** make no sense im going to xbox

Message 18 of 23 (865 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 8, 2016

i thought id give it a try since wanted to play REd dead on pc, you cant charge money for this ! lol, sony are such thievs ! game prices are insane these days for non hard copy versions straight from sony store, i cant beleiev they are rising thier prices instead of lowering, ppl must be buuying

Message 19 of 23 (580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 22, 2016

If you try the free trial be warned, even with auto renew set to off, it will charge your credit card for at least 1 month at the end of the trial. I had to sit in chat for an hour to get them to agree to refund the 10 bucks back to my card. All the while patronizing me like it was my fault that their system fraudulently charged me. Disgusting, and has swayed my decision to go with direct tv streaming over playstation vue simply because I can't stand supporting these types of  fraudulent businesses.

Message 20 of 23 (460 Views)
0 Likes