I just bought a Sony Bravia 2015 model TV (XBR-55X810C). I also bought a new Dual Shock 4 controller.
I can get the TV to recognize the controller both by Bluetooth and USB cable. The problem is, everytime I open PSN and start a game, none of the controls work (not any button, joystick, PS button, touch controller etc.). I have tried multiple games and none of them work. I have tried being connected by both Bluetooth and USB.
Once again, the TV seems to recognize the controller but they don't do anything in the same itself.
Does anyone have this issue?
this worked for a day. tried again the following day and no longer have controller use. used the same process of connecting with thew usb, signing in, pressing the play station button. blinks goes to solid blue, screen says controller connected but the buttons do not work.
I don't have a smart TV so I don't see why I am being redirected here where the troubleshooting does not apply. I rented a PS3 game and make it to the Start menu where my controller does not respond at all.
Yes, I believe you will have to reset the TV often. I've almost made it a routine of mine. First thing I do after I wake the tv up from standby, after being asleep for a day, is reset the tv. Like I said in a previous post, these smart TV's have a sketchy operating system. I think they may be trying to do too many things too soon. My dual shock controller often connects, and then doesn't work except for the start button that brings me to the home tv menu. (right side of touch pad.) After a tv soft reset, works every time. Hopefully Sony comes out with a software update for this soon. Can't speak for any other tvs. Just the Sony Bravias.
1. Unplug controller, unpair controller. Reset smart hub, reset TV.
2. Turn off TV
3. Abandon Bluetooth for now.... Hard wire dualshock controller to TV with 10 foot Belkin USB cable
4. Take batteries out of TV remote, so controller is first recognized device
5. Turn on TV by pushing the button on back of TV.... Not the TV controller
6. Wait until dualshock turns BLUE
7. Put batteries back in TV controller and go straight to playstation Now. click enter
8. As first screen comes up, press the Playstation button on the Dualshock controller Once. The screen will blink...... Wmghazzawi was correct..... this is critical...... Even though the controller is recognized by the TV, the virtual playstation needs a "click" on the controller, so it pairs. Important
9. You should be able to play, finally
10. to exit Playstation Now, hit the return button on the TV controller. Click "Yes" to stop the game. DO NOT SIGN OUT Of PLAYSTATION NOW
11. Use TV controller to change source and return to normal TV
12. When turning off TV, leave controller plugged in
13. Everything should work now. No more resets
I was resetting the TV 5-6 times a day ..... This has solved the problem. I have not attempted Bluetooth pairing yet.... Will work on this over the weekend. Hope this helps
Sony needs to patch this issue and I think it's unacceptable that they dont even acknowledge it or bother to give a response.
Note - Buetooth HAS been working on my TV but there is a glitch between the controller and the TV remote... Trying to figure that out. Will post something over the weekend.
I successfully connected the DUALSHOCK 4 controller to the Sony Blu Ray player and it is registered within the Blu Ray player settings. The player will recognize when I connect and disconnect the controller, and I have a solid blue light yet whenever I go to select a game within the PlayStation Now app it still brings me to the screen that says I need to connect the DUALSHOCK 4 when it is already connected and registered via USB cable and without USB cable. I tried turning on and off player and TV and connecting and reconnecting but PlayStation Now app still does not see controller connected.