First Son
3 posts

Re: Controller Usage for PS Now compatible Smart TVs & Blu-ray Disc Players

Mar 29, 2016

Having the same issue with the BDP S3500, also purchased for this reason. Were you able to figure anything out or is it a lost cause? 

Message 61 of 103 (4,120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 15, 2016
Hey guys idk if you are still having the problems but something that worked for me was having the controller synced then turning off the tv. Plug in controller and turn tv back on. Immediately turn controller on as soon as you turn the tv on. I've got one of those new curved Samsung tv's. And this worked for me.
Message 62 of 103 (3,997 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Apr 16, 2016
Yes the controller problem with Samsung TV's still exists. Thanks for your input Dizzlam, but as I said before, I dont feel power cycling the tv is a proper solution for getting the controller to work. It's not something I want to do every time I want to use the PS Now app. Sony needs to release a patch to fix the issue already.
Message 63 of 103 (3,978 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 18, 2016

I have a Sony Bravia XBR900C Tv and a Dualshock 4 controller. I am able to sync the controller (the light shines Blue), but the buttons do not work. The only thing that works is the touchpad. The left side is the Back Button, and the Right side is Home. Nothing works when starting a game

Message 64 of 103 (3,944 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 24, 2016
I am also unable to use ps4 controller when open ps now app it says to connect ps4 remote and when I do nothing happens only option is to cancel please fix this samsung. What's the point of taking money from people for something that doesn't work properly. I have started the trial but I will not be paying the subscription as I can't even play the bloody thing waste of time and money this is Smiley Sad
Message 65 of 103 (3,877 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2016

[Solved] - Samsung SmartTV PlaystationNow APP connectivity to Dualshock 4.

Solution: The problem that everyone is facing is basically because the instructions for connecting the controller are incomplete. The short answer is that the pairing process stated in links ["http://playstationnow.com/controllers"][ "http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00039637/94924... only adds the device to the device manager list in the Samsung SmartTV but it doesn't actually bind the controller unique ID to the virtual Playstation.

Long Story short, after following the instructions stated above just connect your DualShock 4 controller over a USB to USB-mini cable to the Samsung SmartTV (TV USB labeled port) open the playstation now app and be logged in, then press on the DualShock 4 the Playstation / Start key. This will finish the handshaking process between the device and the virtual playstation and the controller will turn into a solid colour (RED/BULE...) and you can remove the cable and play over bluetooth. 

Explanation: So traditionally if you had a physical playstation and you decided to buy a new controller the only way to connect that controller is to physically link it over USB to USB-mini cable to the Playstation USB port and then press the start/playstation button, this carries out a required protocol to sign the device and connect it uniquely to that hardware. When they created Playstation Now the handshacking process was integrated into the Playstation App, so starting the App links you to a virtual instance of the same concept and would be like a physical playstation awaiting a controller to connect to the TV USB port that is exposed back to the server providing the virtual Playstation, so it is as if you connected to an actual playstation USB port. The process is still needed and when carried out binds the controller to your virtual hardware. 

Note that the Bluetooth pairing alone in the instructions links the dualshock to the TV but the bluetooth is not exposed to the virtual hardware and can not do the same handshacking process, so it will simply sit there doing nothing and perhaps giving you a solid whitish light. It is only after you connect one time while inside the playstation now app in a logged in mode and using a USB to USB-mini over the SmartTV (TV USB Labled port) that the controller will get the required data to be useful and turn into a more active solid color. 

Message 66 of 103 (3,831 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 30, 2016

Help! I can not get my dual shock 4 controler to work! It has been charging all night but when i try to sync it to to the blu ray player i only get a flashing blue light after i hit the ps button. 

Message 67 of 103 (3,823 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Apr 30, 2016
Thanks wmghazzawi but your solution does not solve this issue. The controller will still only glow solid white and not function within the PS Now app.

Only turning the TV off and back on again will allow the controller to glow dark blue and function within the PS Now app.

This is a bug that has been present since a Smart Hub update months ago. Before that update, the controller worked fine. Sony needs to release an update to the app to fix this bug.
Message 68 of 103 (3,809 Views)
First Son
11 posts

May 4, 2016

That happens occasionally to me as well on my Sony XBR55x850c. While it is annoying, if I reset my tv (hold the power button until it restarts) when it loads back up, the controller usually always works again. The software on these tvs is a little sketchy. When it works, it's amazing, when it doesn't..........well you know. I'm sure you've noticed problems with other apps as well. Resetting the tv like that almost always fixes it for me. I don't unplug it, just hold the power button. Annoying, but it works

Message 69 of 103 (3,766 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 8, 2016
This worked!!!!!!
Message 70 of 103 (3,889 Views)
0 Likes