First Son
3 posts

Re: Controller Usage for PS Now compatible Smart TVs & Blu-ray Disc Players

Feb 13, 2016

Yeah not a problem, temporary fix until they release an update that gets rid of the problem. Seems to be when the tv is shut off so are the signals, so when u go to turn it on again the tv remote links first. Maybe try having the DS4 controller active when the tv is powered on, if i find a better solution ill be sure to update.

Message 51 of 103 (3,705 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 14, 2016

The people at samsung are idiots.   Taking the batteries out of the tv remote and then turning on the TV and the the game remote works.   Samsung says there is no problem, and if there is it is with sony's remote.   Meanwhile, I have returned 2 other remotes already thinking they were the problem.

Message 52 of 103 (3,688 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 15, 2016
This was not an issue before the 1432 Smart Hub update to Samsung TVs. Samsung is saying Sony needs to update the PS Now app and Sony is saying nothing at all. All I know, is having to turn the tv off then back on again just to get the controller to turn blue and funtion is getting old very fast.
Message 53 of 103 (3,661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 22, 2016
After reading here and seeing that many others were having the same issue as us, and having (seemed to have) fixed our issue, I wanted to share what we did. We had a Samsung smart TV with PlayStation Now and bought a Dual Shock 4 controller to use with it. Sometimes it would work for a short period of time, sometimes it would disconnect in the middle of a game and sometimes it wouldn't work at all. The thought occurred to us that maybe the problem was that the cable that we were using to connect (pair) the controller to the TV was not a Dual Shock 4 compatible cable. We purchased a PlayStation USB 2.0 charging cable for $10 and so far the Dual Shock 4 controller is working the best that it has yet. Maybe it will still act up again in the future (if it does, I will update this post), but as of now, all seems to be good.
Message 54 of 103 (3,609 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 22, 2016
I used the USB cable that came packaged with the Dualshock 4 to pair the controller when I first bought it. I assure you, this is a bug on Sony or Samsung's end that started happening after Samsung updated their Smart Hub to version 1432.

If you leave your TV on for roughly one hour, opening apps such as Netflix and Web Browser, then try and turn on the controller to use PS Now, it will only glow solid white and not function within the app.

The only solution is to turn the TV off, then back on again to get the controller to glow dark blue and work properly.
Message 55 of 103 (3,592 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 4, 2016
Wow thanks! How'd you figure that out? I didn't think it'd work when the light on the PS4 started sputtering but yeah it did the trick! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ thanks again
Message 56 of 103 (3,509 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 6, 2016
I had the same issue with my Samsung TV and Playstation Now. Could only get the white color on the controller, it said it was connected to the TV but wouldn't be recognized by Playstation Now. The tech at Samsung told me to unplug my TV from the outlet for 30 sec. Then it worked.
Message 57 of 103 (3,481 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 6, 2016
Yes, that is the only fix as of right now until Sony releases a patch to their App. However, unplugging the TV is not necessary to get the controller to turn blue and function. Simply make sure the Instant On setting is turned off on the TV and turn the tv off. Turning it back on again will allow the controller to glow dark blue and function within the PS Now app.

This fix is still very annoying but it works every time until Sony acknowledges this as a bug and releases a patch fix.

It should be noted that this bug only occurs after the TV is left on for a period of time and then the controller is turned on. If you turn on your TV and then turn on the controller, it will glow dark blue and function properly. However, if you turn your TV on and do other things such as watch TV, or Netflix or browse the Web for roughly 1 hour, then try and turn on the controller, it will only glow solid white and show "Connected" but not function within the PS Now app unless the TV is turned off then back on again.

THIS IS ANNOYING SONY! RELEASE A PATCH PLEASE!!
Message 58 of 103 (3,471 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2016

Hi, 

I'm using a brand new DS4 controller with a sony BDP-S5500 blu-ray player that supports PS now. The controller won't work with the Blu-ray player, even though it works with my friend's PS4. The Blu-ray player has the latest firmware and works fine, but I can't get it to recognize the controller. I use the controller via the USB port, but it just flashes white when I connect it to the Blu-ray player, and the Blu-ray says I need to connect a dualshock 4. I've tried several USB cables and several DS4 controllers, all work fine on the PS4 but none work with the Blu-ray. I've followed all the instructions (except for pairing via Bluetooth, since the player doesn't seem to have Bluetooth).

One of the reasons I bought this model was so I could play PS now games, I'm 4 days into my free trial and haven't played a single game, despite having working controllers. I'm very disappointed, I was going to continue my subscription but after 4 days of frustration I've cancelled my auto renew, in case this problem never gets fixed. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Message 59 of 103 (3,372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2016

Shadow_Drache wrote:

Hi, 

I'm using a brand new DS4 controller with a sony BDP-S5500 blu-ray player that supports PS now. The controller won't work with the Blu-ray player, even though it works with my friend's PS4. The Blu-ray player has the latest firmware and works fine, but I can't get it to recognize the controller. I use the controller via the USB port, but it just flashes white when I connect it to the Blu-ray player, and the Blu-ray says I need to connect a dualshock 4. I've tried several USB cables and several DS4 controllers, all work fine on the PS4 but none work with the Blu-ray. I've followed all the instructions (except for pairing via Bluetooth, since the player doesn't seem to have Bluetooth).

One of the reasons I bought this model was so I could play PS now games, I'm 4 days into my free trial and haven't played a single game, despite having working controllers. I'm very disappointed, I was going to continue my subscription but after 4 days of frustration I've cancelled my auto renew, in case this problem never gets fixed. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Having the same issue with the BDP S3500, also purchased for this reason. Were you able to figure anything out or is it a lost cause? Sorry no one has replied with good news just yet .

Message 60 of 103 (3,587 Views)
0 Likes