First Son
6 posts

Re: Controller Usage for PS Now compatible Smart TVs

Sep 13, 2015

JS9000, pairing worked (blue).

Not capable to use dualshock 4 to navigate the PS Now App and I am getting the error message when I want to play (You need to connect a dualshock controller....)

Message 21 of 103 (6,955 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 20, 2015

I followed the instructions for the samsung tv pairing through bluetooth and it doesnt seem to work. please help

Message 22 of 103 (6,852 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 27, 2015

I'm using a Logitech F310 with my Samsung H5500 40' Smart TV! It works great! Although you might need to buy an extension cable! I've played multiple games and don't see any issues.

You can get it for $20 from Amazon/Best Buy/Target!

Message 23 of 103 (6,742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 24, 2015

i went to network but there was no bluetooth setting on my sony tv, where can i find it?

Message 24 of 103 (6,384 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 30, 2015
Between my PS4, and Sony Android 8500C TV , I was able to connect the DS controller alright with the TV, but the controller wasn't working with the PS4 anymore. I had to re pair with The PS4 after unpairing from the TV.
So, to me it would seem like the DS controller is able to pair and work with either the PS4, or the TV.
Is this the expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong here?
Message 25 of 103 (6,292 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 2, 2015
Dualshock3 it's not compatible with 2015 models?
Message 26 of 103 (6,247 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Controller Usage for PS Now compatible Smart TVs & Blu-ray Disc Players

Nov 27, 2015
I'm having the exact same problem. Samsung TV with PSnow capabilities. DS4 pairs fine and works in the PSnow app to select games but as soon as I start a game it says I need a DS4 controller in order to stream games. **bleep**, I've already activated my psnow subscription and can't even use it. Why does it stop working when I try to play the game but works fine in the app, it even allows me to cancel the screen that says i need the controller with the controller lol. Come on support a lot of people are having the same problems with no resolution posted. Get in the ball Sony!
Photobucket
Message 27 of 103 (5,879 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Nov 27, 2015
Just an update, I connected usb to see if that made a difference and after a short pause it allowed me to use the controller again to move though the app but when I went to start it was the same problem as Bluetooth, screen stating I needed a ds4 controller to stream. So I disconnected the usb and the controller turned off. I hit the ps button to turn it back on and the game started. I hope this isn't what I have to go through each time I want to play a game. I will update after further testing. I wish someone else had posted this solution already as it would have save me some troubleshooting.
Photobucket
Message 28 of 103 (5,878 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2015

Same problem here. What's the use of linking a controller to your tv, when it doens't work in game. The ps4 should just overrule the tv when started. I even have a Sony tv and it still doesn't work properly. Smiley Frustrated

I hope this will be fixed soon!

Message 29 of 103 (5,795 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Dec 4, 2015
Lately on my Samsung TV, when turning on the controller, it will connect but glow solid white. This wont actually allow it to function even though it is technically connected. It used to glow dark blue when connected and everything worked fine. Now, the solid white means it does nothing and only a hard reset of the tv fixes it. The fix is only temporary, however, and it eventually will only glow solid white on the next try.

PS Now is useless without a working controller. I have two controllers and two different tvs, it does this with both. It started happening after the latest Samsung TV software update.
Message 30 of 103 (5,072 Views)
0 Likes