Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 15 2007
By: s0u1~ Lombax Warrior 130 posts

streaming to ps3 from vista

3 replies 12 views Edited Sep 15, 2007
Hi all, I am encountering a problem streaming media to my ps3 from my pc. I am running vista home premium 32 bit version. It was working fine then just quit working. I checked my router settings and my media sharing settings with vista and everything is fine and enabled. I have also made sure that media servers are enabled on my playstation. my network setup is just a router my pc and my playstation. However, whenever i scan for media servers on my playstation nothing comes up.my pc recognizesthe ps3 but the ;3 wont recognize the pc.  It worked fine before a few times and now it just quit working. I have repeatedly checked media player on my pc to make sure sharing is enabled. I even turned my firewall off to see if that was the problem and it wasnt. is this a router issue? or vista being the piece of crap it is issue? feedback and/or solutions are much appreciated.
Signature removed by Admin due to size violations. Please observe the 150kb limit.
Message 1 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Re: streaming to ps3 from vista

Sep 15, 2007
yea i have the same problem every now and then the ps3 will detect wmp11  and other times it wont ... its vista problems
Message 2 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Sep 15, 2007
Go to Configure Sharing and see if you have "Unknown Device" icon showing.  Highlight the icon and do "Allow" then go to the PS3 and do a search and see if it finds the media server.

s0u1 wrote:
Hi all, I am encountering a problem streaming media to my ps3 from my pc. I am running vista home premium 32 bit version. It was working fine then just quit working. I checked my router settings and my media sharing settings with vista and everything is fine and enabled. I have also made sure that media servers are enabled on my playstation. my network setup is just a router my pc and my playstation. However, whenever i scan for media servers on my playstation nothing comes up.my pc recognizesthe ps3 but the ;3 wont recognize the pc.  It worked fine before a few times and now it just quit working. I have repeatedly checked media player on my pc to make sure sharing is enabled. I even turned my firewall off to see if that was the problem and it wasnt. is this a router issue? or vista being the piece of crap it is issue? feedback and/or solutions are much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Sep 15, 2007
already done still not working.
Signature removed by Admin due to size violations. Please observe the 150kb limit.
Message 4 of 4 (12 Views)
0 Likes