Dec 19 2007
By: nscr2 Splicer 75 posts

nat type is going to kill me

11 replies 1 views Edited Dec 19, 2007
Ok so here's the deal, last couple of days I have been trying to get my Nat type down less then 3 so have been reading a lot of posts about opening ports and so on. So i finally got that done and i still get type 3 so I figured that today i would bypass the router and wire straight into the modem and I'm still getting type3. Anybody got any suggestions . I have turned off media servers. thanks nascar2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
nscr2
Message 1 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Re: nat type is going to kill me

Dec 19, 2007
Try to do a power cycle of the modem and see if that helps.  You should be getting a NAT 1 with a modem only.  If you have dsl call your isp and ask them if the modem I assume they provided is a combination modem/router.  If you don't have dsl, well, don't know what to think.
Message 2 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Dec 19, 2007

turn on ur Upnp

put ur MTU to 1350

Message 3 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
257 posts

Dec 19, 2007
Had the same problem...aight here is what you do...go into your wireless router's setup menu and find your router's ip address.....then you have to find your DSL modem/router's configuration menu (just like your wireless router)..like 192.168.254.254....go under firewall and find DMZ...enable it and set it open to the wireless routers ip address......make sure you set a static ip address for your playstation..other posts tell you how to do it.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 4 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Dec 19, 2007

nascar2 wrote:
Ok so here's the deal, last couple of days I have been trying to get my Nat type down less then 3 so have been reading a lot of posts about opening ports and so on. So i finally got that done and i still get type 3 so I figured that today i would bypass the router and wire straight into the modem and I'm still getting type3. Anybody got any suggestions . I have turned off media servers. thanks nascar2

this may sound silly, but did u power down everything(ps3,router,modem) after u made your changes????
i went thru the same thing, couldn't get my NAT to change after spending days reconfiguring everything, then i was told to power everything down for a couple minutes.....
after i did this my NAT changed!!!! yeah!!!
hope that helps!
Photobucket
Message 5 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
281 posts

Dec 19, 2007
Message 6 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Dec 20, 2007
is anybody on here with bell sympatico and is getting nat 1 or 2 ?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
nscr2
Message 7 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
277 posts

Dec 20, 2007

simpsvt97 wrote:
Had the same problem...aight here is what you do...go into your wireless router's setup menu and find your router's ip address.....then you have to find your DSL modem/router's configuration menu (just like your wireless router)..like 192.168.254.254....go under firewall and find DMZ...enable it and set it open to the wireless routers ip address......make sure you set a static ip address for your playstation..other posts tell you how to do it.

This is what I had to do also, no one seems to address this.  I have DSL and my modem had an IP as well.  I got into that and forward all ports to my Linksys Router's IP.  Therefor I am using my router as protection and not my modem.
Message 8 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41331 posts

Dec 20, 2007

tokertech wrote:

nascar2 wrote:

this may sound silly, but did u power down everything(ps3,router,modem) after u made your changes????
i went thru the same thing, couldn't get my NAT to change after spending days reconfiguring everything, then i was told to power everything down for a couple minutes.....
after i did this my NAT changed!!!! yeah!!!
hope that helps!

Big thanks to you my friend.  I've been unable to forward any ports on my D-Link ever since I got it to replace my old Linksys and thanks to the power down advice (after trying nearly everything else), I'm finally back to NAT 2.  Unplugged the modem and router for about 10 minutes, plugged them back in, turned on the PS3 and did a Connection Test and a few seconds into the NAT test, Type 2 popped up.

Once again, big thanks

Message 9 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
257 posts

Dec 20, 2007
Yea...idk why people havent addressed this issue before...i had to somewhat figure it out myself...this is the main problem why people keep posting "DONE EVERYTHING AND STILL HAVE NAT 3"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 10 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes