Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
9 posts

Re: how many times does your WIRELESS connection disconnect?

Dec 13, 2007
Here's my setup: Linksys WRT54G (ver. 2) router>>>WRE54G (ver. 1) range expander>>>PS3 + PSP
MAC filter on
Encryption enabled
SSID disabled
DHCP on
PS3 with latest update (2.01)
All wireless AP's with latest updates

When connected to my WRT54G, it never disconnects with signal strength of 64% - 82%, SSID disabled or enabled.

When connected to my Linksys WRE54G range expander, it is a different story. Signal strength to the expander is always 100%. However, with SSID disabled, it disconnects and reconnects about every 3-4 minutes. With SSID enabled, it never disconnects. I don't have any problems with disconnects on any other devices connected to the range expander whether SSID is enabled or disabled. Only the PS3 has problems with the WRE54G with SSID disabled. PSP, PC's and even Satellite DVR never disconnects. 

I tried changing to different channels but that didn't work.

My guess is possibly a compatibility issue with the PS3 and my range expander?

I would be curious if everyone who is having problems, to check your SSID if it's enabled/disabled, and try changing channels to see if that helps.
Message 31 of 37 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2400 posts

Dec 13, 2007
If you are having network disconnections, Its most likely a problem with your network (router). It maybe too weak or too far away. Time to upgrade your router.
H
Message 32 of 37 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Dec 16, 2007
never
.:.:iraqi 4 live:.:.

Message 33 of 37 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Dec 16, 2007

Christoph0099 wrote:
only with Call of Duty 4.  I used to play resistance all the time using my linksys wireless N router and it was fine.  But with COD4 it disconnects almost everytime i play and its hard for me to get into games.  I think this is due to the game though and  a wireless connection would barely ever normally get disconnected.  I will have an 80% connection which is good and still get kicked out of the game.

same story here.

I cant stand it....
Message 34 of 37 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 16, 2007
I'm running a WRT54G linksys wireless router.

My ISP is Comcast. PS3: 80gig

I used to connect wirelessly with my PS3 but the signal strength was too weak. So I acquired an ethernet cable and I am now directly connected to my router. I thought my problems were over...

As I continue to try and play COD4 online, I get booted off most of the time with an error message saying, "Connection Interrupted" while still playing the game. Then it boots me off to the lobby and another message will eventually come up saying, "You have been signed out of the playstation network, etc..." and then I'll have to sign in again.

I've also noticed that when it's very late at night (2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.) I can play several games straight without getting a disconnect. But that made sense with my wireless connection because the signal would strengthen late at night when no-one else is on, so the internet activity would be down therefore allowing me to play longer without disconnects.

But I have an ethernet cable now and at night I think its worse... For example, (Last night I was playing late at night with an ethernet connection and it would continue to boot me off, so I went back and set up a wireless connection to see if it was any better. Wouldn't you know it, the wireless connection at night was much better. No disconnects!

Anyways, I don't think I should still continue to have problems with "Connection Interrupted" with an ethernet cable connection.

Yea I'm having the same issues as you guys are with disconnects. I've tried to troubleshoot through the linksys forums and sonys forums, but so far I haven't come across any solutions.

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice, or solutions for my problem?

Thanks
Gotti412
Message 35 of 37 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Dec 16, 2007
Min has never disconnected.. but it shouldn't my dad payed $200 for it.. all of our old ones disconnected a lot and he got pissed and went and bought the apple one
Message 36 of 37 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1092 posts

Dec 16, 2007
I haven't had any disconnection issues and I sue the DLINK gamer lounge router. Its the kittens mittens

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=370
Message 37 of 37 (2 Views)
0 Likes