Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Re: hey sony! ign rants about avatars... and rightfully so.

Dec 18, 2009
couldn't agree more!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 18, 2009

@Jackson32

It's not the premise of complaining about selection of free items from a free service.  It's the promise that Sony was going to add additional avatars to the network with the implementation of the dynamic themes.  The dynamic theme support has been tepid at best, and there have been 0 avatars added.  I agree with you it's certainly not a deal breaker, and I don't pay for avatars on the other service either, but it's the availability of said items that's being questioned.

Message 22 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4130 posts

Dec 18, 2009

leslein97 wrote:

@Jackson32

It's not the premise of complaining about selection of free items from a free service.  It's the promise that Sony was going to add additional avatars to the network with the implementation of the dynamic themes.  The dynamic theme support has been tepid at best, and there have been 0 avatars added.  I agree with you it's certainly not a deal breaker, and I don't pay for avatars on the other service either, but it's the availability of said items that's being questioned.

So what, they didnt give you a choice to use a new avatar. i really do not see what the fuss is about.

Photobucket
Message 23 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Dec 18, 2009

leslein97 wrote:

@Jackson32

I totally agree and what sucks the most is the other service is up to date and current with their avatars sony needs tokeep their world on the dynamice themes and avatar support pretty much.

Message 24 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
724 posts

Dec 20, 2009
@jackson32 who wouldn't want a solid snake, big boss, raiden, a metal gear; sack boy/girl, killzone 2, call of duty (soap, price, ghost), uncharted 1 and 2 characters, not just drake, assassin's creed 2, infamous, batman arkham asylum, ... avatars? you get the idea. also like the article mentions, there are avatars that are outdated... like mine, the hellghasts from killzone 2 look much better than the killzone 1 hellghasts. if you don't want new or improved avatars then you are not obligated to change yours, however most of us would. (free service is just an excuse, cause no matter how crappy the avatars of sony's competition are, they can still customize their avatars for free or upgrade them at a cost.) in the end, its safe to say that anyone of us can or could create a single avatar in just a couple of minutes or less... its not hard at all.
Message 25 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4130 posts

Dec 20, 2009

awsome_robot wrote:
@jackson32 who wouldn't want a solid snake, big boss, raiden, a metal gear; sack boy/girl, killzone 2, call of duty (soap, price, ghost), uncharted 1 and 2 characters, not just drake, assassin's creed 2, infamous, batman arkham asylum, ... avatars? you get the idea. also like the article mentions, there are avatars that are outdated... like mine, the hellghasts from killzone 2 look much better than the killzone 1 hellghasts. if you don't want new or improved avatars then you are not obligated to change yours, however most of us would. (free service is just an excuse, cause no matter how crappy the avatars of sony's competition are, they can still customize their avatars for free or upgrade them at a cost.) in the end, its safe to say that anyone of us can or could create a single avatar in just a couple of minutes or less... its not hard at all.

who cares, the lack of avatars has never affected my connection to the PSN. As long as my online gaming experince is not affected, i could careless if we have two avatars to choose from.

Message Edited by jackson32 on 12-20-2009 03:49 PM
Photobucket
Message 26 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Dec 23, 2009
Ok it's obvious that you don't want them. I get that, I do. But there are many of us who want to put up a sig to show who we are, what our interests are, and are willing to pay for that ability. Our avatars are the only way we can identify each other as individuals, and represent ourselves as members of the online community. To Sony we're just numbers/customers/Money. But to each other were friends/rivals/gamers, right? Would you walk outside your house with toilet paper trailing from your heal? Or wearing green spandex? Would you feel that look properly represented you? How about wearing a bunch of clothes from the salvation army? That's what these avatars are like. And as I said, I'M WILLING TO PAY GOOD MONEY.
Message 27 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Dec 23, 2009
Yeah, give us some decent avatars.  Most of them suck being shapes with different colors...
Message 28 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: hey Sony! ign rants about avatars... and rightfully so.

Dec 24, 2009
dude shut the hell up. its been 3 YEARS DUDE. just because its free doesnt mean they cant add new avatars. get over the fact that its free. that is a horrible excuse to use.
Photobucket
Message 29 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes