Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: What causes a PSN ban?

Sep 6, 2010
awww **bleep** =( so suppose if i DO get caught by sony, how long will the ban be? given that this is my first game share?
Message 11 of 22 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9669 posts

Sep 6, 2010
Only Sony will decide how long to ban you. Just quit worrying about it, and simply don't do it from now on! Move on with life already!
bobtheenzyteguy Trophy Card

Kudos me, and I'll kudos you.
Message 12 of 22 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Sep 6, 2010

EdifierSounds wrote:
awww **bleep** =( so suppose if i DO get caught by sony, how long will the ban be? given that this is my first game share?

well if its a permanent ban then you account will be banned forever and have to make a new one. if suspended i have no idea never had that happen to me stop worrying about it and just dont do it anymore

Message 13 of 22 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7121 posts

Sep 6, 2010

EdifierSounds wrote:

Stop doing it and keep quiet.  You're just drawing attention to yourself.

AmnesiaInnocent Trophy Card
Message 14 of 22 (337 Views)
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Sep 6, 2010

EdifierSounds wrote:

Hey i just bought a PS3 a few months ago and so far i am liking it but i wanna know what are the no no's of PSN as in how do i know whats allowed and not allowed? i of course know hacking, cheating and anything that involves game exploits is bannable but what else should i watch out for?

also i have a small question a friend of mine on my local forum gave me his account and from that i downloaded a few games i didn't know what this was and later on learned it was called gamesharing at first i **bleep** brix and was worried whether this is bannable or not, some people told me including my friends that the games are valid for up to 5 activations and so far he hasn't used any other activation, now the question is will i be in trouble? will i get banned permanently or temporarily

there are also certain arguments that game sharing is only illegal if you ILLEGALLY acquired the game off a persons i.e without their consent where as if it done with the consent of the primary account its okay

i hope i can get some quick help, thank you

how will sony know that you are game sharing? i always download stuff to my ps3 and then download them to two other ps3's which make them three with same account with no problem.

Message 15 of 22 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Sep 6, 2010

alzubieri wrote:

EdifierSounds wrote:

Hey i just bought a PS3 a few months ago and so far i am liking it but i wanna know what are the no no's of PSN as in how do i know whats allowed and not allowed? i of course know hacking, cheating and anything that involves game exploits is bannable but what else should i watch out for?

also i have a small question a friend of mine on my local forum gave me his account and from that i downloaded a few games i didn't know what this was and later on learned it was called gamesharing at first i **bleep** brix and was worried whether this is bannable or not, some people told me including my friends that the games are valid for up to 5 activations and so far he hasn't used any other activation, now the question is will i be in trouble? will i get banned permanently or temporarily

there are also certain arguments that game sharing is only illegal if you ILLEGALLY acquired the game off a persons i.e without their consent where as if it done with the consent of the primary account its okay

i hope i can get some quick help, thank you

how will sony know that you are game sharing? i always download stuff to my ps3 and then download them to two other ps3's which make them three with same account with no problem.

if you own the 2 other PS3s its ok its when you give it to your friends. if you are giving it to friends better hope you dont get caught.

Message 16 of 22 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5894 posts

Sep 7, 2010

alzubieri wrote:

If you own 3 PS3s, they are all in your house. Sony would not notice that. But if you gameshare with somebody that lives in another state, then somebody signs into your account in New York, then 5 minutes later somebody signs into your account in California. Sony might think you could be gamesharing.

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 17 of 22 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23949 posts

Sep 7, 2010

Havent seen anyone post this yet:

Share / Hijack Account

Sharing personal PSN account information in order to obtain access to another persons PSN account. Changing another persons email address, and/or password without their permission in order to gain and control access to an account. Offender attempted to use or take content they did not pay for.

- http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1260

Note: I am not a PlayStation Network moderator.

- DoubleOSpoon
Message 18 of 22 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 7, 2010

@spoon, i get that gamesharing is illegal, but i wanna know whether the sharee (the person who used the account of his friends) will get a perm ban or a temp ban? i mean tihs is my first time and i am pretty sure ill get a temp ban of a month or so right?

EDIT: hey guys a crazy idea just hit me, what if i delete all the games off my main account? and delete the 2nd profile which i used to sign in with my friends details? with that set things right? i wanna know if it will work or if its a futile attempt

Message 19 of 22 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 7, 2010

can someone please help me with the above question?

Message 20 of 22 (337 Views)
0 Likes