Sep 06 2010
By: EdifierSounds First Son 8 posts

What causes a PSN ban?

21 replies 2144 views Edited Sep 6, 2010

Hey i just bought a PS3 a few months ago and so far i am liking it but i wanna know what are the no no's of PSN as in how do i know whats allowed and not allowed? i of course know hacking, cheating and anything that involves game exploits is bannable but what else should i watch out for?

also i have a small question a friend of mine on my local forum gave me his account and from that i downloaded a few games i didn't know what this was and later on learned it was called gamesharing at first i **bleep** brix and was worried whether this is bannable or not, some people told me including my friends that the games are valid for up to 5 activations and so far he hasn't used any other activation, now the question is will i be in trouble? will i get banned permanently or temporarily

there are also certain arguments that game sharing is only illegal if you ILLEGALLY acquired the game off a persons i.e without their consent where as if it done with the consent of the primary account its okay

i hope i can get some quick help, thank you

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (2,144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Re: What causes a PSN ban?

Sep 6, 2010

yes gamesharing can get you suspended or even banned just stop doing it before you get caught.

also read you Manual as well as the Terms of Service for info on PSN and what you can and cant do

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (2,144 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Sep 6, 2010
this is my first time and last i have now gone clean and gonna buy games using my credit card next time and how can i get caught? and is it true for first time offenders there is a temporary ban like a few weeks but if you repeat then you get a permanent ban?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (2,144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5348 posts

Sep 6, 2010

If you want to really know what causes a PSN ban, read the Playstation Network terms of service and user agreement. Pay special attention to the "Community Code of Conduct". Here is a link  PSN user agreement

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (2,144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 6, 2010

thanks bronx but that still doesn't answer my question that will i get a permanent ban or a temporary ban? I cant seem to relax since i found this was not allowed =( this is my first 3rd gen console and i honestly did not know it was illegal

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (2,144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Sep 6, 2010

Things like mouthing off to people on a game, bullying, inappropriate messages/pictures, hacking, etc..

You could read about it in the TOS or something,. try the support page, that gives info @ bans

1000th trophy - 11/29/2010 11:11 AM
The Sly Collection;
Remote Controlled Turtle - Score 8000 in Bently RC race.

786 Bronze, 166 Silver, 42 Gold, 6 Platinums
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (2,144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9669 posts

Sep 6, 2010
Quit worrying about the ban length, and simply read the rules so you don't get banned in the first place!
bobtheenzyteguy Trophy Card

Kudos me, and I'll kudos you.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (2,144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 6, 2010

i am pretty sure i won't do abusing or stuff like that cause i only message my PSN friends and i don't voice chat as well in MP games and i never exploit or hack. but this gamesharing thing has me down =(

P.s i just found this

Q: This whole gamesharing thing sounds sketchy to me. Is it legit?

A: Yes

Approved by Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines.

If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible." "It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"
and here is where i got the info from: http://m.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1881434
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (2,144 Views)
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Sep 6, 2010
i think the 5 activation thing is dumb bc when i first got a ps3 i didnt kno wat it even was and i would go to my friends house and play on my acct and stuff so i could lvl up on my cod4 gamertag then wen my ps3 breaks i got a new one and what happens u cant download anything you bought b/c there are 5 active users im like wat is this so i call sony and then they say im gamesharing and all this other mess but all my friends ps3's broke expect for one so i got loucky and got my stuff back but sony wont give me any more actviations back which is very dumb
BFTE Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (2,144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7499 posts

Sep 6, 2010
That was a long time ago. Now due to abuse by many people, they have prohibited gamesharing.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (2,144 Views)