Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 30 2010
By: Nidarom319 Splicer 58 posts

Use trophy icons as avatars!

57 replies 73 views Edited Jun 30, 2010

in my opinion, this would be a great idea and it would add A LOT of different avatars to the PSN.

there is a suggestion of this already on the Playstation Blog share site.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/18/use-trophys-as-avatars-for-psn-id/

I already voted for this, and I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 58 (73 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1446 posts

Re: Use trophy icons as avatars!

Jun 30, 2010
I don't think it would be any good. It would give some avatars certain desirability over others. This would make people choose an avatar based on how hard the associated trophy was to get rather than what they like based on their personality. I don't like the idea. The system that we have in place now is just fine.
Every time I find the key to success, someone changes the lock.

Report PSN chain-messengers here!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 58 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jun 30, 2010

i think its a good ideal,something needs to be added to the avatar system for the people that dont want to pay just to have a good picture by there name aside from the same old boring ones,maybe they could even make it so you could use pictures from your ps3 as an avatar

Signature removed by Admin for advertising.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 58 (73 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1446 posts

Jun 30, 2010

specialkibs wrote:

i think its a good ideal,something needs to be added to the avatar system for the people that dont want to pay just to have a good picture by there name aside from the same old boring ones,maybe they could even make it so you could use pictures from your ps3 as an avatar

You don't have to pay to have a nice avatar. There are plenty of free ones that are preloaded in the software that look great. Granted, I did buy my avatar, but only because I love geometry and Heavy Rain is one of the most mature games I've played.

Every time I find the key to success, someone changes the lock.

Report PSN chain-messengers here!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 58 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jun 30, 2010

specialkibs wrote:

I certainly agree! It is certainly time to add to the old and dusty avatars! There still isn't truly one out there yet that pops out to me and fits my gaming persona.

This is a great post!

T-CELL
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 58 (73 Views)
Splicer
85 posts

Jun 30, 2010

plus trophys are pretty much useless at the moment anyway

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 58 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jun 30, 2010
krcm0209 how could you be against the ideal,some of the avatars you can buy are more desirable then the free ones but theres no way im spending my hard earned money on a tiny picture.this would even give people more of a reason to keep playing games and go for the trophys.how could that be a bad ideal,it would just be adding to the avatar/trophy system
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 58 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Is a nice idea,  specially for games that only got 1 or 2 avatar image,  a few extra avatar don't hurt anyone

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 58 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5678 posts

Jun 30, 2010
this is great idea some trophies icon looks cool
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 58 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2196 posts

Jun 30, 2010

krcm0209 wrote:
I don't think it would be any good. It would give some avatars certain desirability over others. This would make people choose an avatar based on how hard the associated trophy was to get rather than what they like based on their personality. I don't like the idea. The system that we have in place now is just fine.

Man that''s got to be the dumbest defense to why we shouldn't have trophies as avatars. Why wouldn't you choose a trophy that took you a long time to achieve. That's why it's called a trophy. I'd love to show off some of those hard SOCOM trophies that took me a while to get. Plus some games have some really nice trophy pictures.

----------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ssjTeXas
YouTube ssjTeXas
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 58 (73 Views)
0 Likes