Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Turn The Stupid Mic Sensitivity Down!

Mar 3, 2009

Lost_Mind wrote:

Just a stupid, simple, courteous thing to do.

Turn down the damn gain on your mics for gods sake. I simply cant think that I am the only one sick of listening to some other idiots horribly compressed gameplay audio, babies crying, little brother/sisters whining, toilets flushing, craptastic rap music playing, god awful smelling breathing or whtever else you can possibly imagine going on in the background coming over the in game audio while playing this and any other online game!

Do you not realize how much stinking bandwidth is ate up by idiots breathing and all the other crap over the network? Jeebuz, please! Game drops might cease to exist if everyone simply stopped broadcasting their girlfriends farting from the kitchen over the network.

Now I feel better... even still, think about someone other than yourselves once in a while? Eh? Commence immature flaming...

THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME POST ! Now can we extend that courtesy to phone calls? LOL ! I want to give you kudos but I can't so... KUDOS !

Message 61 of 65 (177 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1092 posts

Mar 3, 2009

Sniper_257 wrote:
I don't know how to turn down the sensitivity so I just don't use my mic.

Under accessorie settings in the XMB. There is a input adjustment. It goes 1 through 5 and usually 3 or 4 is the sweet spot depending on game. PS, this is the reason why I'm all for PTT like in SOCOM

Message 62 of 65 (177 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Mar 3, 2009

Is there a fast way to block annoying players so you don't have to hear their crappy music, foul language, etc?  Do you have to go to the XMB menu, go to players met and then add them to the block list?  Will that block mute them or just block their PM's?

PL/SB

Message 63 of 65 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Mar 6, 2009

I'm using a PS3 Eye.  I have the mic sensitivity set to 5.  Any suggestions would be great-- don't wont to violate any etiquette

I'm a parent of two young kids and I generally game after they go to bed or if they're occupied with mom in another part of the house.  It's very difficult to game with them in the room, both for the sake of their well-being, as well as the actual gaming part.  I've just started using the Eye in game, and that is mostly for Burnout & Warhawk.  If I even attempted to do this with my eldest in the room I would not only horribly traumatize her, but other players would start to second guess the ethics of what they're playing:  "Daddy, is that man okay?  He has an ouchy!  Why is he hurting him?  That's not nice, he needs a time out.  Does he have a baby?  She'll cry ...."

Message 64 of 65 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 18, 2010

Heres the lowdown, if you have a headset IE your mic is less than an inch from your face than a 1 on mic sensitivity will suffice. If you have a microphone, IE rockband, eyetoy, eyemove and the such a 3 to 4 will be ok. When testing your mic the sweet spot is when the mic activates when your talking but not when your idle. That indicates that the background noise, the tv, the people in your room, (your breathing) wont activate the mic.

As for mic etiquette

1.  Wait your turn. (Wait what, but what I have to say is more important) The fact is most people talking in game are all talking at the same time. This causes horrible feed back, and litterly a wall of noise thats hard to stand blasting directly into your ear drums. So take a breath, wait your turn. When someone ends a thought then you can speak. Which in turn brings us to our next one.

2. When using the mic make short statements. Don't ramble on for 20 minutes the truth is no one cares enough to hear your voice for 20 minutes so calm down and give someone other people some air time.

3. Don't eat on your mic. If your going to eat some snacks, take your headset off. Its just plain rude to hear you crunching chips for the round. Yes we can hear you chewing, and yes its anoying. So easy fix is just don't do it.

4. A mic is meant to go near your mouth, not inside it. No one likes to hear you deep throating your mic, so take a look at your headset and get the mic an appropriate distance from your mouth.

5. Smack talking. I'm not saying don't do it, but lets be honest the rest of your team doesn't want to hear you screaming into the mic that the other team is hacking, cheating, or being noobs. If your going to talk smack make it short and witty so that you only have to say it once to piss them off for the rest of the day.

Doing any number of these tips can greatly improve everyone's experience with the games, and yours in turn.

Message 65 of 65 (177 Views)
0 Likes