Aug 17, 2009

etempest wrote:

Caemgen wrote:

IanSempai wrote:

One word: Cheaters

So no.

Cheaters?

Could you explain, please?

If your looking for "meaning" in your trophies.... some games it too easy or you can cheat to earn trophies. An extension of trophies would suffer the same issue. 

Not to mention, some people just suck at a certain genre, and will end up never earning trophies because the genre they're good at has no trophies!

Oh wait, that's me!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Re: Trophies and Rewards [How earning Trophies would be even more fun]

Aug 17, 2009

A lot of people are against this idea in theory but the way you present it is the way I've envisioned a working system. Most people want free DLC or cash to spend in the store which doesn't make any sense business-wise and would not be very practical. I've said before that the trophy points should be akin to a real arcade's ticket system. Now I only got to go to big arcades when I'd go on vacation as a kid, so I never earned enough tickets to get any huge prizes, but I did get a lot of erasers or plastic wiggly snake things. It's a nice little treat but it's not really worth a lot of money. That's why exclusive avatars and themes and "small" prizes like that would be perfect for this use. You reach level ten and you can show off to your friends list with your "Level 10 exclusive avatar" or just enjoy the theme you got to pick from the "special room".

As far as the bonuses from the specific games, I like the idea. In the old days when you beat a game you usually unlocked something but this seems to have died off when they can just sell you that perk through dlc. So an exclusive costume or mini-making of video would be a nice treat when you unlock the platinum or a certain number of gold trophies. Good ideas though.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 62 (11 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Aug 17, 2009

rorschach8o8 wrote:

A lot of people are against this idea in theory but the way you present it is the way I've envisioned a working system. Most people want free DLC or cash to spend in the store which doesn't make any sense business-wise and would not be very practical. I've said before that the trophy points should be akin to a real arcade's ticket system. Now I only got to go to big arcades when I'd go on vacation as a kid, so I never earned enough tickets to get any huge prizes, but I did get a lot of erasers or plastic wiggly snake things. It's a nice little treat but it's not really worth a lot of money. That's why exclusive avatars and themes and "small" prizes like that would be perfect for this use. You reach level ten and you can show off to your friends list with your "Level 10 exclusive avatar" or just enjoy the theme you got to pick from the "special room".

As far as the bonuses from the specific games, I like the idea. In the old days when you beat a game you usually unlocked something but this seems to have died off when they can just sell you that perk through dlc. So an exclusive costume or mini-making of video would be a nice treat when you unlock the platinum or a certain number of gold trophies. Good ideas though.

What he said.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Aug 17, 2009

IanSempai wrote:

etempest wrote:

Caemgen wrote:

IanSempai wrote:

So no.

Cheaters?

If your looking for "meaning" in your trophies.... some games it too easy or you can cheat to earn trophies. An extension of trophies would suffer the same issue. 

Not to mention, some people just suck at a certain genre, and will end up never earning trophies because the genre they're good at has no trophies!

Oh wait, that's me!

Every genre will have trophies if they are developed after January 2009, so you'll be able to earn some trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2797 posts

Aug 17, 2009

rorschach8o8 wrote:

IanSempai wrote:

etempest wrote:

Caemgen wrote:

IanSempai wrote:

So no.

Cheaters?

Oh wait, that's me!

Every genre will have trophies if they are developed after January 2009, so you'll be able to earn some trophies.

Not when I have no interest in buying any RPGs because they don't interest me. (IE: Demon Souls, Disgaea, etc. they can stuff it.) The only games I want to see are Tales of, Wild ARMs, Suikoden and a Star Ocean game. But have any been announced?! No!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1257 posts

Aug 17, 2009
There wouldn't be many cheaters really.  Other than the fact that people would have to constantly create new accounts and unlock trophies over and over constantly earning points and getting free games.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2797 posts

Aug 17, 2009

Johnson-Nick-55 wrote:
There wouldn't be many cheaters really.  Other than the fact that people would have to constantly create new accounts and unlock trophies over and over constantly earning points and getting free games.

That's basically cheating.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Aug 17, 2009

IanSempai wrote:

rorschach8o8 wrote:

IanSempai wrote:

Not when I have no interest in buying any RPGs because they don't interest me. (IE: Demon Souls, Disgaea, etc. they can stuff it.) The only games I want to see are Tales of, Wild ARMs, Suikoden and a Star Ocean game. But have any been announced?! No!

Ok, you only want to buy PS1 and 2 games? I'm a little confused, sorry. Obviously any old game won't have trophies because it's more work than it's worth but any PS3 game in development after Jan 2009 will have trophies, not just RPGs. If those four games are the only thing you want than I'm assuming you'll at least be playing something else in the meantime and those will have trophies (fighters, FPS, sports games, PSN titles, etc).

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Aug 17, 2009

IanSempai wrote:

Johnson-Nick-55 wrote:

That's basically cheating.

lol, Yeah that's cheating. That's why the prizes wouldn't be free games but exclusive avatars, etc (what he said in the OP) and you can feel free to make as many accounts but why would you just for an avatar or theme?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2797 posts

Aug 17, 2009

rorschach8o8 wrote:

IanSempai wrote:

rorschach8o8 wrote:

IanSempai wrote:

Ok, you only want to buy PS1 and 2 games? I'm a little confused, sorry. Obviously any old game won't have trophies because it's more work than it's worth but any PS3 game in development after Jan 2009 will have trophies, not just RPGs. If those four games are the only thing you want than I'm assuming you'll at least be playing something else in the meantime and those will have trophies (fighters, FPS, sports games, PSN titles, etc).

That's the problem. I hate FPS Games with a passion, and I will not get any PSN Games. I know old games have no trophies, I'm not that ignorant. Fighting games I suck at, and Action games I suck at even more.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 62 (11 Views)
0 Likes