Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2007
By: mustangman22 Splicer 59 posts

This is B.S.

25 replies 9 views Edited Jan 19, 2007
One of the main reasons I bought the PS3 was to be able to play online. And now less than a month later I can't even get online. From what I have read on the forum and the error (80028EA5) I get apparently the portal is flooded.  Did Sony not see this coming?
Message 1 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Re: This is B.S.

Jan 19, 2007
does anyone know if Sony monitors these self help lists?
or can I suggest that we keep contacting Sony directly and strenously suggest
that they move quickly to resolve this, I did not invest over $800.00 to have
a tricked out game system to sit at home alone and play with myself, I too want to play online,
so what next?
Message 2 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jan 19, 2007
That's what I'm saying.
Message 3 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jan 19, 2007
The shame... you should research things more before just buying it. I made a very wise choice, and I absolutley LOVE my PlayStation 3. Ask a friend, or someone on these forums for information.
Message 4 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 19, 2007
I did reseach this, ( and frankly love my PS3 as well as the blueray high definition)
so much so that I bought a 65" 1080P dlp tv to go with it.
but that does not remove the fact that there is a significant issue with the network bandwidth
and I do not care for the fact that I can now only signon if I get up early on sunday morning
so there is an issue and shame on sony for raking in over 600 million in sales this quarter
and not reinvesting in their server infastructure, and for misleading their users by a misinforming
error message that does not state what the problem really is.
Message 5 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
808 posts

Jan 19, 2007
Hmm.. your right. I got nothing to say
Message 6 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 19, 2007
I did call again into Sony and confirmed that they underestimated the demand
and acknowlege that connections will get dropped, people will not be able to
sign in.
solutions: they stated they are adding new servers and when I pressed them to change
the error messages;
an error has occurred, you have been signed off of playstation network
and name server error (resulting in not getting nat2)
with: the network is currently unavailable (or maxed out) try signing in at a later time
(the likelyhood of that error message being posted quite slim I think)
so I believe if you do the suggested items that have been posted
manually config name server (your ip host name), the dns routers and manually set your
ip address
that when they finally have enough bandwidth you'll be sailing.
(note this has not even happened 1 time with my xbox360) in the year that I have had that
system, connected to the same network from the same wireless router)
good luck,
until then, for me will see guys on line sunday mornings!
Message 7 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1265 posts

Jan 19, 2007
quit cha whining u sound like a school girl...  just hurry up and wait... u making post crying isnt gonna make sony address issues any faster so just hold ur horses
clan website is http://www.shockmnkeys.com

PSN: carlito_cash
$MkY
Message 8 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 22, 2007
this is a follow up to several network connection issue threads that I have posted my
problem on, in contact with Sony this afternoon (after trying most of the day saturday
with several configurations being:
running a 35' ethernet cable to my system and trying to direct connect it to my router
(instead of thru the wireless linksys game router that had been working up to update 1.31)
setting the PS3 IP address on the router to the DMZ allowed area.
bringing the PS3 into my computer room and direct connecting it my comcast hub
all to no avail, I was informed the following
open the following ports on my router
tcp 10070 - 10080
udp 10070
udp 6000 - 6999
that this should allow me to return to access thru my wireless game router.
also suggested registerting mac address with comcast (my service provider)
but comcast said this is not necessary..............reg mac address
FYI
Message 9 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 25, 2007
Solution to the error!!
I have posted trying to solve this error for the past two weeks, (since update 1.31 thru now including 1.50)
but with another test of a configuration and a VERY open Sony support person on the telephone
have identified what this is caused by. In the configuration of the internet settings
the PS3 (like the psp) has two inputs for DNS server IP, but if for some reason the primary dns server IP is incorrect it DOES NOT look at the second dns server IP input. (also like the PSP)
so results in a dns error, and your not able to get to Sony or any url that has a name address.
You still can get to an ip address that is numerical. like http://64.233.167.104 (google)
For some reason my linksys router is not clearing its router settings cache properly and was leaving an old
non working Comcast dns server ip # in the primary slot.
(or maybe Comcast is broadcasting a non active number, dont know that)
but I tried swapping the second dns manually into primary and the first into the second slot
It worked, and the Sony support individual was willing to discuss that there is a very real chance
that the PS3 upon failing the first dns is not looking at the second. (the psp has this issue)
will they (sony) fix that I am unsure? but importantly there is a work around so...
1. select easy setup for network setup
if it works no problem, your fine.
if you get 80710102 or the other errors, dns server error, server not found or you have been logged out of playstation network and you cannot log back in
you are unable to get to any name url.
look at your network settings list.
first item you can select in the network settings, scroll down to and write down your dns server numbers
then redo your settings under custom, chose automatic for all except dns server then put them in swapped.......
this has worked for me and I will address the question as to why my router is holding an old number in its cache with Linksys!!
good luck note you should still do the port forwarded noted in several of these threads as well if you game with others on line
phew, this was a problem driving me nuts for two weeks......!
Message 10 of 26 (9 Views)
0 Likes