Sep 11 2009
By: SPOPS Fender Bender 4488 posts

The credit card information cannot be up updated...

14 replies 1077 views Edited Sep 11, 2009

So my credit card expired this month and I got a new one.  Just went to make a purchase and had to update my credit card info.  I have tried to put in my info several times and even tried my brothers credit card.  But all I keep getting is this message:

The credit card information cannot be updated.

Check your PlayStation Network account information, and then contact technical support for assistance.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Message 1 of 15 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
984 posts

Re: The credit card information cannot be up updated...

Sep 11, 2009

Software form glitch.

Just call them - they will help get it fixed. 

Message 2 of 15 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Sep 11, 2009

RonChaz wrote:

Software form glitch.

Just call them - they will help get it fixed. 

So frustrating I just want it to work now...

Message 3 of 15 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Sep 11, 2009
I had this problem myself. The form is very picky. It wants the information exactly how its shown on the bill, and if anything changes, its futile. I had to switch from one card to another at one point, then tried switching back. Couldn't.

PS3 (CHECHA01) R.I.P.: 06/03/09PlayStation Plus
   Game-tape currently being solved: GuacameleePS3
Message 4 of 15 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Sep 11, 2009

madcrabs wrote:
I had this problem myself. The form is very picky. It wants the information exactly how its shown on the bill, and if anything changes, its futile. I had to switch from one card to another at one point, then tried switching back. Couldn't.

All the info is the same the only thing that changed was the card number.

Message 5 of 15 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Sep 11, 2009
I too have had this prblem and i called tech support and all they told me was i need to contact my card company to verify the information is correct on my card wich i did and nothing change same problem i just gave up i got tired of being on hold everytime i call so i figured i just by the psn cards for now
Message 6 of 15 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Sep 11, 2009

GAINS wrote:
I too have had this prblem and i called tech support and all they told me was i need to contact my card company to verify the information is correct on my card wich i did and nothing change same problem i just gave up i got tired of being on hold everytime i call so i figured i just by the psn cards for now

I really hope that is not the case for me.  I don't want to have to deal with the hassel of going out to buy a PSN card everytime I want to purchase something off of the store.

Message 7 of 15 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1397 posts

Sep 11, 2009

SPOPS wrote:

So my credit card expired this month and I got a new one.  Just went to make a purchase and had to update my credit card info.  I have tried to put in my info several times and even tried my brothers credit card.  But all I keep getting is this message:

Check your PlayStation Network account information, and then contact technical support for assistance.

cant you delete the old one and enter the new one? i always buy stuff with my credit card on the ps3 and i delete it afterwards so it wont be save in the ps3... jus incase my ps3 is stolen...

The 3 C's in Life: Choices, Chances, Changes. You Need To Make a Choice To Take A Chance Or Your Life Will Never Change.
Message 8 of 15 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Sep 11, 2009

SuMtOnE wrote:

SPOPS wrote:

cant you delete the old one and enter the new one? i always buy stuff with my credit card on the ps3 and i delete it afterwards so it wont be save in the ps3... jus incase my ps3 is stolen...

I deleted everything and put all of the new info in with the same result.

Message 9 of 15 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 11, 2009

I couldn't use my main credit card so had to use my other one.  Despite the work arounds it is pretty lame and I have seen lots of people post with this issue.  You would think they would want to make it easy to purchase stuff online and I can see this issue stopping a lot of people from doing so.  I can't recall having this issue on any other site, most of them are happy to take my money.

Message 10 of 15 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes