Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 14 2007
By: Kratos6910 Hekseville Citizen 410 posts

Stupid Demos.

34 replies 1 views Edited Sep 14, 2007
OK here is my beef with demos. Developers need to learn how to make a good demo.

For example:
The Darkness: great demo, three short levels, blah blah blah.. great.
genji day of whatever: crappy game, good length demo...I like
Full auto 2: great demo, two modes, online.. love it
Resistance: awesome demo, two levels...great
folksoul... excellent
etc....

NOW...

virtua tennis: short as hell, one difficulty, no multilayer.. screw your self!
heavenly sword: I've seen HS trailers longer than the demo.
fifa 08 and many other sport games: 4min half time?...WHAT??? thats it... how can I enjoy that???
Harry Potter demo: Before I can pull the dam wand out, the demo is over cause it has a stupid TIME LIMIT!!!!

WHY????? why the retarded time limits, some people need to learn how to make a good demo. this crappy demos make me not want to get the game, demos should be fun and a show case for your games, not short and gimped to the point where it is frustrating.

Yes I know they are free,  but all I am saying is that when I played the stranglehold demo, I felt like I wanted more awesomeness, and I replayed it like 3 times to unlock all the tequila bombs. When I played the harry potter demo, I felt like grabbing a wand and sticking it up harry's :robotsurprised:

Message 1 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Re: Stupid Demos.

Sep 14, 2007
may i suggess less coffee
Message 2 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14203 posts

Sep 14, 2007
I agree with you. Some demos are too short to really draw you in and make you want to purchase the full game.

I must say that the Stranglehold demo is awesome and it really made me want the game.
Message 3 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1193 posts

Sep 14, 2007
Short demos have me thinkin that the game, itself, isn't going to have much replay value.
You gotta swim to stay afloat. You gotta eat to stay alive.

-= There is a shark skinned snake who lurks beneath the surface of every geek technocrat and meek suburbanite. =- Jerry Lewis

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.” -- RIP Arthur C. Clark

"xbox Live is Microsoft's walled garden online service." -- Darren Walters BBC
Message 4 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5931 posts

Sep 14, 2007
by the FULL version if you want to play more. A demo aint meant for you to get tons of replay especially online.

Message Edited by Mafioso770 on 09-14-2007 11:24 AM
Message 5 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Sep 14, 2007

Mafioso770 wrote:
by the FULL version if you want to play more. A demo aint meant for you to get tons of replay especially online.

I never said I want tons of replay.... I just find it stupid that I played GRAW 2 demo (great demo/game) for like 20min and it stops when u are close to the end. After playing for that long, might as well just let me finish the level u know?
Message 6 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6827 posts

Sep 14, 2007
Judging by your complaints the demo seem to do what it was intended to do.. Want to play the game more, which in turn will or will not want to buy the game.. Sooooooo
Photobucket
Message 7 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Sep 14, 2007

Jezer29 wrote:
Judging by your complaints the demo seem to do what it was intended to do.. Want to play the game more, which in turn will or will not want to buy the game.. Sooooooo

Not when its so short that it dont even give you time to learn the controls.
Message 8 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5576 posts

Sep 14, 2007
At least we get demos... you should be more greatful
Message 9 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3344 posts

Sep 14, 2007

KayAich wrote:

Mafioso770 wrote:

I never said I want tons of replay.... I just find it stupid that I played GRAW 2 demo (great demo/game) for like 20min and it stops when u are close to the end. After playing for that long, might as well just let me finish the level u know?

Dude that's the point of the demo, to leave you wanting more. 

That's like saying you don't like movie trailers because just when you know what's going to happen they say "coming soon in theaters near you". 
Image hosting by Photobucket
PSN ID: Demayor - Feel free to add me -
Message 10 of 35 (1 View)
0 Likes