Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 09 2010
By: FRJR1992 First Son 4 posts

Recent Problems connecting to matchmaking servers

3 replies 118 views Edited Sep 9, 2010

Hello everyone,

I have a PS3 Slim 120GB and I am having problems playing online. The only online capable games I have are COD 5 WAW and MW2. Both of these are not working. I live in a dorm, with internet provided by Suddenlink Communications. We have ethernet ports in the walls, and I am using an Apple Airport Express Router. I do not have access to a modem or any other piece of their hardware. Internet is included in the lease.

My problem is that I can connect to PSN, sign in, and access the Playstation Store using both the wireless connection from my router and the ethernet plugged into the wall, but when I go to find an online match in either of the games I mentioned above, I get stuck on the Online Status popup (Updating rank and unlocks... Connecting to matchmaking server... etc.). Both the wired and wireless connections do this.

It worked fine up until yesterday. I logged on and installed the 3.42 update and then I couldn't play. I'm not blaming this on the update, but it was the same day. It could be my ISP. I don't know.

I go to test my connection and i have 100% signal, NAT type 2, UPnP is unavailable, IP address is found, connection to the PSN Server is made, and I am able to sign in just fine. The internet browser works fine too.

I made a call to Sony, but they weren't really able to help. I then called my ISP (Suddenlink Communications in Texas) twice and the first time I called, the man said something about it being the dorm complex's fault. The first person I spoke to called the dorm complex and asked if they had changed any settings. They said they hadn't or hadn't heard about any changes.The second time I called, all I got was that Suddenlink uses a Dynamic IP and DHCP Service. This is troubling because I don't have access to much of the hardware associated with my internet.

Sorry for the long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1024 posts

Re: Recent Problems connecting to matchmaking servers

Sep 9, 2010

75% of new posts in the COD forums are people complaining about connection problems.

It's a server side issue, not much you can do, aside from contacting Activision. Or Demonware, I think that's who actually runs the matchmaking servers for Activision.

"An error occurred while trying to submit your post. Please try again."
Message 2 of 4 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 9, 2010

Will Activision be any help? Also, Does this have anything to do with the 3.42 update?

Message 3 of 4 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 9, 2010

Since this way I do not deal

Message 4 of 4 (118 Views)
0 Likes