Jul 16 2007
By: ECU_Pirate Monster Hunter 36 posts

Possible to delete an online account? (help a noob please)

6 replies 3 views Edited Jul 16, 2007
My created online name is mega-lame (created when I was absent from the room).  I just got my system and I understand that I can create a new user and a corresponding new online account for that user.  This leads me to a few questions:

1) Can I delete my old online account so that I can assign a new online account to the same email (it's my primary and I would prefer to use it)?  Or should I just create a dummy email account and start over?

2) Is it possible to transfer the saved game files from my first user name to the new one I will be creating?  If so, how?

HAWAII BOWL CHAMPS!!
Message 1 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3261 posts

Re: Possible to delete an online account? (help a noob please)

Jul 16, 2007
I dont know about deleting the online account...   ( I would like to know, so someone post that)

You could create a gmail account that matches your ideal PSN ID and then register a new ID to that new email address...  If you use one standard e-mail address and dont want to change it, then create a rule in gmail that just forwards all the mail for the new account to your old one.  That way you wont miss any correspondence from sony to your PSN ID e-mail address...

As for save games, I just copied my R6 Vegas save to my USB drive and took it to my buddies house, created a new profile, and copied the save game and everything was there.  So it should work fine.
Message 2 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2153 posts

Jul 16, 2007
First off I like the name mega-lame.  You should just stick with that.  On the PC I go by bullet magnet because I suck, but anyways to your question...
To the best of my knowledge you cannot delete an account.  You can make a new one and all but the old one will still exist.  If you want to continue to use your current e-mail address change the one for your mega-lame account to a different address first.  Then start a new master account with your current address.  And save your save games to a usb or flash memory card and then just transfer those to your new name, assuming you have the 60gb version.  Hope this helps.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 3 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 16, 2007
How do I change my email address for the acount?  I couldnt find that option.  Is there anyway to edit your account details online as apposed to doing it on your PS3?  Thanks for the help.

HAWAII BOWL CHAMPS!!
Message 4 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2153 posts

Jul 16, 2007
Well if I remember correctly go into account management on the right hand side of the xmb and I believe there is an option in there about changing e-mail addresses.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 5 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 16, 2007
Thanks, I'll take a look at that when I get home from work. 

P.S. : "mega-lame" was not my original ID, I was saying that the ID name was very lame (uncool).  Maybe I should switch it to Mega-lame though....

HAWAII BOWL CHAMPS!!
Message 6 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
30 posts

Jul 18, 2007
You can change your email through account management.
Message 7 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes