Jun 30 2010
By: Bell-SKA Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Playstation Plus seem like a Scam/ Bust...

43 replies 448 views Edited Jun 30, 2010

I remember when adding Qore would allow me similar benefits.  But as months/ years went on in my subscription little perks started to fade away.  It's like someone stopped caring on Sony's end.  That's the same feeling I get by just looking at how "beneficial" Plus is going to be.  Except this time it's going to cost me $18 to $50.  For $50 could you at least assure me that games will play more smoothly and be on dedicated servers.  Or at least give us cross game chat abilities.  I WAS a loyal Qore member, now I'm not sure I want to be taken for another ride.  I'll wait for the reviews to come in before I drop my scratch for something that reads as a minor convenience.

Message 1 of 44 (448 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Re: Playstation Plus seem like a Scam/ Bust...

Jun 30, 2010

1) read this

2) wrong forum - this is the right one

____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 2 of 44 (448 Views)
Shinra Executive
37722 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Not sure the second link IS the right one actually!

Message 3 of 44 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2705 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Give it time, it just came out.

Message 4 of 44 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jun 30, 2010

JitteryJordan wrote:

Says the guy who wasted money on it...       If it needs time to be tweaked than $5 is too much to pay.  Charge a minimul fee and run it through beta.  Wait till it's worth what your asking for it and then sell it to the public for your current asking price.  Don't over charge for a work in progress.  Far too many companies push a product out before it's truly ready.  So yes, I will wait until it's worth a sh*t.

Message 5 of 44 (448 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jun 30, 2010
$50 is chump change. I don't have to pay again for 15 months. Sorry you can't afford it. It is a "premium" service... aka not for everyone.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 6 of 44 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2575 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Bell-SKA wrote:

JitteryJordan wrote:

Says the guy who wasted money on it...       If it needs time to be tweaked than $5 is too much to pay.  Charge a minimul fee and run it through beta.  Wait till it's worth what your asking for it and then sell it to the public for your current asking price.  Don't over charge for a work in progress.  Far too many companies push a product out before it's truly ready.  So yes, I will wait until it's worth a sh*t.

PS Plus isnt really a product you can beta test its a service or aprivelage not a product it is ADDING features to your free subscription. None of them you actually need i dont see why people are complaining just dont buy if you dont want its not like you need it or anything

Prime copy

Message 7 of 44 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
860 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Dude stop whining. No body forces you to buy it. If you dont like it dont buy it but dont tell others to not buy it also. PS+ is actually good, you get access to early beta trials and other. And its a good deal sony got there if you buy 1 year membership you only pay this year once and next year. And this is a way better deal than microsoft on xbox live paying every month, then i guess you like xbox live more?

PhotobucketImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 8 of 44 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1673 posts

Jun 30, 2010

The OP is not winning, he is exactly right. Qore promised this same stuff, and they really never got it going.

It is my opinion this is taking the place of Qore. This is the way it should have been presented in the first place. No one wants to pay for video content on games, they want demos, betas, free games, demos on everything, etc. We also want a better connection to the PS3 servers (store), lets hope they make those better as well, the ones they have suck.

I will wait for sure for a while and keep up with what people are saying. $50 is a lot for just a promise from Sony, and they are vague on what they are giving us. They say demos on games, but I bet that is just PSN games, not all games, even disk based games - that is what I would want for $50, demos for all games.

Betas, they don't say everyone will get an invite, heck it is already like that now, so what new are they giving us there??? I am sure just as soon as they release a big time Beta and eveyrone who didn't get invited that paid $50 for this service will be VERY UPSET, and rightly so.

So right now I don't see much they are giving us for that heavy price, heck any price. I'll wait and see what you guys who do buy over the next several months say here to see if it is worth it.

Sony hasn't gotten much right yet when it comes to charging us for extra contect. Qore is not good, I bought a years worth I should know. Home is just really lame and I have bought a few things there too, and now this. Well, will see. Like I said, the OP is not whinning, Sony has done nothing yet for the two things they have charged us for allready.

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 9 of 44 (448 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Bell-SKA wrote:

I remember when adding Qore would allow me similar benefits.  But as months/ years went on in my subscription little perks started to fade away.  It's like someone stopped caring on Sony's end.  That's the same feeling I get by just looking at how "beneficial" Plus is going to be.  Except this time it's going to cost me $18 to $50.  For $50 could you at least assure me that games will play more smoothly and be on dedicated servers.  Or at least give us cross game chat abilities.  I WAS a loyal Qore member, now I'm not sure I want to be taken for another ride.  I'll wait for the reviews to come in before I drop my scratch for something that reads as a minor convenience.

first party games do have dedicated servers. sony dont kiss butt like other systems and give every big game 3rd party a dedicated server. 3rd party devs make enough money they could give us good servers if they wanted. also only really bad servers i have ever seen are cod servers

Message 10 of 44 (448 Views)
0 Likes