Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 26 2007
By: Delriach PlayStation MVP 2681 posts

Playstation Network... and online games for the ps2 and ps3.

2 replies 2 views Edited Mar 26, 2007
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an ability to play PS2 games and PS3 games that are online or offline despite there being no servers or servers shut down? I think it would be nice if there could be some way to directly connect to users online and then jump into a game. Games that were never online have been made into online games through directly connecting before... imagine if this could happen to a console game.

The obvious reason for this post is because of my bitterness at the fact that 3 games that I own, and 2 of those that I play consistently online are now closing for the PS2.

I can just imagine being able to play any game online. No worries about if the game is online enabled. Imagine if the PSN had the ability to do such a thing. Any game that supports any sort of multiplayer would be playable "online'. Perhaps HOME could also give us this ability. Perhaps you could go to someones home, load up a virtual PS2/PS3 and dive into whatever games that both people own.

One can always wish eh?

Message Edited by sephiroth_unlimited on 03-26-2007 02:58 AM
Message 1 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2275 posts

Re: Playstation Network... and online games for the ps2 and ps3.

Mar 26, 2007
Well, there's always the possibility of implementing a program like Xlink Kai to work with the PlayStation Network.  Then again, I'm not sure if it's possible.

PSN: AuDioFreaK39, PWNT, Kill, MGS_Fan, ROFL, THUGLIFE, LMAO, ShadowReaper
Message 2 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2681 posts

Re: Playstation Network... and online games for the ps2 and ps3.

Mar 28, 2007
Hopefully something is done that is even remotely similar. That would really be a great feature. Online for pretty much every game.
Message 3 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes