Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 10 2009
By: cm420 First Son 3 posts

PSN log on problem, anyone have advise?

6 replies 5 views Edited Mar 10, 2009
When I go to network settings to set up wireless or wired, everything shows to be good, ip address, online, but when I try to connect to playstation network it says connection timed out.  **bleep**?  I have checked and rechecked modem/router, power cycled, disconnected/reconnected but can not log in to PSN.  I am having serious COD withdrawls please help.
Message Edited by cm420 on 03-09-2009 11:14 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Re: PSN log on problem, anyone have advise?

Mar 10, 2009
More details about your router and your type of connection. Do you have a modem?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Mar 10, 2009
I dont know what kind of Router you have, but I would call your Tech support phone number rather then to look for help here. If you have a linksys call them. The tech support is free & they are very good with problem solving.  One thing you can try is this. believe it or not it may work.  Shut all your equipment down. Set things up on a master panel power selector or on a power strip that has a switch on it. The first thing that should get power should be your Router & your Modem & nothing else. Once your Modem is totally booted up, then turn on your PC or PS3 & see if it makes a difference.  I have seen this problem too many times. If a PC boots up before the Modem & Router have time to assign an IP address to the PC or Computer booting up, you just dont get online. I dont care what you do, you wont get online.Tthat could be why your timing out. Your just not connected to the internet. This is the way I do things & never have a problem getting online.  The first thing that gets turned on is my Modem & Router. As soon as my modem lights are blinking as they always do when the link between the Modem & Router is compleate, I then boot my PC.  My Bro in law just got a Router & had the same problem till I told him how to set things up like this. He has never had a prob again.  :smileyhappy:  Hey. try it, you never know. If I'm wrong, at leaset someone tried to help you. Good luck.
Message Edited by UFO1 on 03-09-2009 11:34 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 10, 2009
Motorola SBG900 wireless Surfboard Gateway, it will let me download updates for games and system, but when I try to logon to PSN to play online, it says connection to PSN timed out
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Mar 10, 2009
This might not be related to the problem at all, but what if you changed your PSN password through your computer, then entered the new password on the console.  Hope it starts working again soon!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1460 posts

Mar 10, 2009

Make sure your modem and/or router have up to date firmware.  Try power cycling the modem and/or router. Make sure the media server option under settings is off. And if all else fails try port forwarding. 

To port forward go to this site:  http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Scroll down and find your router and click on it. On the next page scroll down and find Playstation Network and click on it. Follow the instructions.

Make sure you add all these trigger ports:

• TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
  • UDP Ports: 3478, 3479,  3658, and 10070  
  • UDP Ports: 6000 - 7000 and 50000

Once you are done power cycle your modem/router. You should be all set now.   :smileywink:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
425 posts

Mar 10, 2009
Its advice.  Sorry but I can't stand the errors when they are in the subject.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (5 Views)
0 Likes