Highlighted
Aug 11 2010
By: TAE1109 Splicer 49 posts

PSN Card Spam

5 replies 168 views Edited Aug 11, 2010

I am always getting these messages: If you send this to all your friends you will receive a code for x amount of $'s for a PSN card. I get this from friends and random people in home. I have been told by others that it is way for hackers to hack your id. Just wondering if it is really from Sony!!!

Got To Let Love Rule !!!
Message 1 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2897 posts

Re: PSN Card Spam

Aug 11, 2010

No, it's not from Sony, nore will Sony ever ask you for your password or any indentifiable info. I thought this would be common sense by now. >.<

BTW, these are the PlayStation Home Forums, please direct all PSN questions to the PSN forums.

Message 2 of 6 (168 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Aug 11, 2010
I posted here because alot of random people in home will do this!!
Got To Let Love Rule !!!
Message 3 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Aug 11, 2010
No, it's just one user who redeems the code, then sends the spam to everyone else. Unless it's a code for Home, don't bother resending or even trying it.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
705 posts

Aug 11, 2010

Yeah i get that junks a lot too. best thing to do is ignore em if you get the msg more than twice..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27110 posts

Aug 11, 2010

As stated by NJShadow, it's spam. And some spams are a part of a scam. As such, never share your personal information. SCEA already has it.

Spam tends to clog the internet and our inboxes. They are reportable as test abuse. If a friend is doing this, I would ask them to stop before they get into trouble. If you wish to report a spammer, Protect the message as evidence by pressing the Triangle button as I do not know if the Network Moderators are able to read deleted messages. Keep it for a week or two. Use the following to submit a report:

PlayStation®Network File a Complaint Form

And, this is the wrong forum for such discussions.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes