Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 04 2010
By: eSPiYa First Son 8 posts

[PS3]Internet Browser Problem

6 replies 661 views Edited Oct 4, 2010

I hope this is the right section to post this.

I've been googling for an answer for few weeks but can't find the answer about this issue:

The built-in web-browser can't render most of the sites properly, it can't properly use Javascripts/AJAX for Facebook and Twitter, and also my machine seems hangs-up while browsing PSN's home site. I already updated it with the latest patch this weekend but still haven't resolved the issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: [PS3]Internet Browser Problem

Oct 4, 2010

It's not unique to your PS3, the browser is out of date and incompatible with most plug-ins.  Hopefully it will be upgraded or replaced in the future; the only thing we can do is wait.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3359 posts

Oct 4, 2010

Welcome to the browser that couldn't, and sony could care less.

Anyways yes everything is the browser, because sites have updated their requirements.

And sony doesn't care, they think they browser should update itself i guess.

But hopefully we will get google chrome or something similar soon.

With google tv, and android apps ect.

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 5, 2010

Holy Crap!

How can we ask Sony to do it, or atleast inform them about this issue? It will be more efficient to use a PS3 in browsing than using computer because of it is faster too boot and there are times that my laptop isn't available.

Searching walkthroughs, guides, and special offers from several sites will make a very big change(I hope there will be some kind of alt+tab feature instead of closing the other one)

Google Chrome is a very good browser, I hope the license doesn't prohibit anyone to include it on commercial sites.

Or make it an optional download(free) to avoid the license issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Oct 5, 2010

eSPiYa wrote:

Holy Crap!

How can we ask Sony to do it, or atleast inform them about this issue? It will be more efficient to use a PS3 in browsing than using computer because of it is faster too boot and there are times that my laptop isn't available.

Searching walkthroughs, guides, and special offers from several sites will make a very big change(I hope there will be some kind of alt+tab feature instead of closing the other one)

Google Chrome is a very good browser, I hope the license doesn't prohibit anyone to include it on commercial sites.

Or make it an optional download(free) to avoid the license issue.

Sony knows, no doubt about it.

Also, you can open multiple pages right now.  Read the online instructions here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/network/in
dex.html

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 6, 2010
I'm talking about the alt+tab between browser and the game; not about in-between multiple-pages.
If you're going to browse; you need to close the game or other applications running and vise-versa.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Oct 6, 2010

eSPiYa wrote:
I'm talking about the alt+tab between browser and the game; not about in-between multiple-pages.
If you're going to browse; you need to close the game or other applications running and vise-versa.

I wouldn't plan on that changing.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (661 Views)
0 Likes