Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 22 2009
By: trancedkuja First Son 6 posts

PS3 DNS error (80710102)

7 replies 1263 views Edited Dec 22, 2009

Yes hello PSN forums.

Ive had this DNS problem for a long long time, about 5 days, Ive spent about 5 hours or more trying to fix this problem everyday. I'm using a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router, It is connected to a Brighthouse (A.K.A Roadrunner Internet) Cable modem, I called Brighthouse about 10 times a day, and they keep telling me my router and modem are both showing up fine. I tried port forwarding my router and I also tried putting it in a DMZ, but no luck. The only way I can connect to the internet is connecting my Brighthouse modem into the ethernet port of the PS3, but the internet connection is soo slow when you use it on the ps3, most of the times, it always says connection interupted, or connection failed, and it always kicks me out of servers when i used wired. Please assist! Need help connecting wireless!

*EDIT*

I also have a PS3 slim 250GB console, if that helps.

*EDIT*

Some info on my router that I have obtained.

Name (SSID): NETGEAR BHN

Region: United States

Channel: 11

Mode: g and b

Wireless AP: ON

Broadcast Name: ON

Message Edited by trancedkuja on 12-21-2009 04:41 PM
Message Edited by trancedkuja on 12-21-2009 04:58 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 DNS error (80710102)

Dec 29, 2009

Hi.

I have just struggled with the same problem.

Tried to connect using DHCP but did not get an ip-adress.

Then I put in static ip-adresses and DNS adresses. Then I received the error discussed (80710102).

I downloaded and installed the newest update to PS3 (v 3.15) from playstation.com and it suddenly works!!!!!!!

Have not tried DHCP yet, but the static adresses works fine for now

So try to update your PS3 SW!

Kind Regards

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1156 posts

Dec 29, 2009

trancedkuja wrote:

Yes hello PSN forums.

Ive had this DNS problem for a long long time, about 5 days, Ive spent about 5 hours or more trying to fix this problem everyday. I'm using a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router, It is connected to a Brighthouse (A.K.A Roadrunner Internet) Cable modem, I called Brighthouse about 10 times a day, and they keep telling me my router and modem are both showing up fine. I tried port forwarding my router and I also tried putting it in a DMZ, but no luck. The only way I can connect to the internet is connecting my Brighthouse modem into the ethernet port of the PS3, but the internet connection is soo slow when you use it on the ps3, most of the times, it always says connection interupted, or connection failed, and it always kicks me out of servers when i used wired. Please assist! Need help connecting wireless!

*EDIT*

I also have a PS3 slim 250GB console, if that helps.

*EDIT*

Some info on my router that I have obtained.

Name (SSID): NETGEAR BHN

Region: United States

Channel: 11

Mode: g and b

Wireless AP: ON

Broadcast Name: ON

Message Edited by trancedkuja on 12-21-2009 04:41 PM
Message Edited by trancedkuja on 12-21-2009 04:58 PM

If you have performance issues connected directly to the cable modem it may not be the router that's the issue.  If you connect a computer directly to the modem does it also have the same performance problems?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 29, 2009

I have had the same issue.  I was given tcp and udp numbers from playstation but that did not fix the issue.  My ISP says its not their issue.  I checked for updates to the system and I installed the newest one.  My issues began with the Coldfront download.  I tried hardwiring the system and still cannot connect to Socom games.  Any other suggestions from anyone?  Help please

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1156 posts

Dec 29, 2009

gamequeen502 wrote:

I have had the same issue.  I was given tcp and udp numbers from playstation but that did not fix the issue.  My ISP says its not their issue.  I checked for updates to the system and I installed the newest one.  My issues began with the Coldfront download.  I tried hardwiring the system and still cannot connect to Socom games.  Any other suggestions from anyone?  Help please

To my knowledge, there are no ISP's in the U.S. that will troubleshoot PS3 related issues.  Like I mentioned above, if you connect a computer directly to your modem does it experience any Internet problems?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jan 8, 2010
Hey Roar42, thanks so much I just installed the new update and it fixed my dns error. Thanks a lot kudos to u
Ty_G33
B. General
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 26, 2010
i've been having the same problem with the ps3 slim 250 GB also.I installed the latest version (v3.15) but it did nothing. i keep getting that DNS problem thing. i get fustrated when i spend 1-2 hrs. trying to fix it...
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Jan 30, 2010
yea man ive had the same problem at my college apartment. i have att dsl and i get that damn dns error all the time even though my ps3 is up to date. it connects flawlessly at my permanent residence which has comcast, wired and wirelessly. and for the record that stupid error code finder on this site didn't help so stop posting it. if you have nothing informative to input dont post. i cant get why my friends xbox 360 works and my ps2 works but not the ps3. my connection is wired straight to modem.
how to use a computer monitor with your ps3
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/842498#842498
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes