Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 15 2007
By: claass21 Wastelander 730 posts

NAT Type 3 difficulties...

3 replies 21 views Edited Dec 15, 2007
Sorry to bring up another post about this, but I have searched and tried everything to get my PS3 to NAT Type 2. 

I used to be able to get Nat type 2 (with modem and current router), but I had to buy a new modem (which is also a bulit in router).  Ever since then Ive gotten Nat Type 3.

My current set-up is a Zoom DSL X5 modem and a Dynex DX-E401 router.  I have tried using just the modem and opening all of the ports - didnt work. I tried modem and router and opening all of the ports on both - didnt work.  I also tried the DMZ with the PS3's static IP address through the router - still wont work.  I have UPnP enabled on both of them. 

Is there anything else left to try? If anyone has any suggestions/help it is appreciated!! (CoD4 sucks with Nat type 3!!!)
Thanks
Message 1 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Re: NAT Type 3 difficulties...

Dec 15, 2007
First you want to manage your ports through your router, not your modem.
also try this link
http://www.pregamelobby.com/forum/sony-reviews-tips/5618-how-get-type-2-open-nat-your-ps3.html

if that doesnt work, refer to your routers manual for nat issues,,and if you dont have your routers manual, search for the online version of it.

if you set your router to fully DMZ, then REDO your ps3 network settings and set everything to automatic.

claass21 wrote:
Sorry to bring up another post about this, but I have searched and tried everything to get my PS3 to NAT Type 2. 

I used to be able to get Nat type 2 (with modem and current router), but I had to buy a new modem (which is also a bulit in router).  Ever since then Ive gotten Nat Type 3.

My current set-up is a Zoom DSL X5 modem and a Dynex DX-E401 router.  I have tried using just the modem and opening all of the ports - didnt work. I tried modem and router and opening all of the ports on both - didnt work.  I also tried the DMZ with the PS3's static IP address through the router - still wont work.  I have UPnP enabled on both of them. 

Is there anything else left to try? If anyone has any suggestions/help it is appreciated!! (CoD4 sucks with Nat type 3!!!)
Thanks

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 2 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

Re: NAT Type 3 difficulties... *Updated*

Dec 16, 2007
Update:

I borrowed a friend's modem to see if that would change anything. Well hooked it right up and got Nat 2, meaning it is not my router (which I set back to its defaults). However, my modem is only a couple months old and I can't go out and buy a new one for something stupid like this. I cant keep my friends one either.. lol.

The modem w/ built in router I'm having trouble with is a Zoom DSL X5.  I know it's not a very popular one, but does anyone know what could be wrong with it or if something else can be changed?

Thanks.

Message Edited by claass21 on 12-16-2007 12:23 PM
Message 3 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5768 posts

Re: NAT Type 3 difficulties... *Updated*

Dec 16, 2007

claass21 wrote:
Update:

I borrowed a friend's modem to see if that would change anything. Well hooked it right up and got Nat 2, meaning it is not my router (which I set back to its defaults). However, my modem is only a couple months old and I can't go out and buy a new one for something stupid like this. I cant keep my friends one either.. lol.

The modem w/ built in router I'm having trouble with is a Zoom DSL X5.  I know it's not a very popular one, but does anyone know what could be wrong with it or if something else can be changed?

Thanks.

Message Edited by claass21 on 12-16-2007 12:23 PM

Call the manufacture of it it's probably under warranty still.
"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one"

-Benjamin Franklin-
Message 4 of 4 (21 Views)
0 Likes