Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 02 2010
By: FlyingPuma First Son 2 posts

Major flaw on PSN sub accounts

4 replies 84 views Edited Aug 2, 2010

Many of you might not have noticed it but there are people who are suffering from this flaw. As the sub account’s holder turns 18, there seems to be no way to upgrade the account to master account. That can be a big problem for master account's holder as well as sub account's holder. Sub account does not have own wallet so even if you have grown a big man/woman and earn well enough to spend your money on PSN as much as you like, you would still need to ask your mother (or whoever the master account’s holder is) to add money to their wallet so you could use it. Also you don’t have full community features on sub account, such as Facebook, picture or video publishing. Some of you might say: “Make a new account!”, but the problem of making a new account is that you can’t transfer trophies, purchases or ID between accounts. I and many other PSN user hope that SCE would fix this problem with sub accounts as soon as possible on a future firmware update. Please feel free to comment on this topic.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (84 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Re: Major flaw on PSN sub accounts

Sep 5, 2010

how could we suggest this to Sony? I am in the same boat as the many you've named.

I'm 18, I did the RIGHT thing when i was 16 and put my PROPER age, and I'm getting punished for it 2 years later? Not to be rude.

How could we suggest to SONY to add this feature of once your 18 you have an option or even a mandatory feature to make your sub account a master account? I don't want to lose all my trophies that I've worked so hard on.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Sep 5, 2010

FlyingPuma wrote:

Many of you might not have noticed it but there are people who are suffering from this flaw. As the sub account’s holder turns 18, there seems to be no way to upgrade the account to master account. That can be a big problem for master account's holder as well as sub account's holder. Sub account does not have own wallet so even if you have grown a big man/woman and earn well enough to spend your money on PSN as much as you like, you would still need to ask your mother (or whoever the master account’s holder is) to add money to their wallet so you could use it. Also you don’t have full community features on sub account, such as Facebook, picture or video publishing. Some of you might say: “Make a new account!”, but the problem of making a new account is that you can’t transfer trophies, purchases or ID between accounts. I and many other PSN user hope that SCE would fix this problem with sub accounts as soon as possible on a future firmware update. Please feel free to comment on this topic.

I had no idea this happened. That doesn't make any sense that even when you do turn legal you still are a minor account? **bleep**? You could simply put 18 when making your account but for the ppl who want to be "honest" and legit I think they should be able to have an adult account once turning 18. Earning 500 trophies can be really difficult especially when you don't own the game anymore and go have to buy it again.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Sep 5, 2010

Mishasfan wrote:

how could we suggest this to Sony? I am in the same boat as the many you've named.

I'm 18, I did the RIGHT thing when i was 16 and put my PROPER age, and I'm getting punished for it 2 years later? Not to be rude.

How could we suggest to SONY to add this feature of once your 18 you have an option or even a mandatory feature to make your sub account a master account? I don't want to lose all my trophies that I've worked so hard on.

It has been suggested.  Vote here: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/18/sub-account-promotion/

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 5, 2010

ProfessorTripp wrote:

It has been suggested.  Vote here: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/18/sub-account-promotion/

Oh thank you! I didn't know it had been already. I will definately vote and tell all my others friends to vote! It will spread!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes