Dec 18 2007
By: byron3114~ Splicer 95 posts

IM ABOUT TO GO NUTSSS

11 replies 2 views Edited Dec 18, 2007
    So ive been connected to the PSN for a lil over a year with 0 problems, absolutley no disconnects, no nothing. Now last night i heard the update was out, I just got done playing nba 2k8, just sent a message to a few friends, and went to update via internet. As soon as i clicked on that, i got this DNS error 80710102. And now i cant even log onto the PSN. **bleep**.....I can still get onto the internet browser via the ps3 and i still have internet connection to my wireless laptop. I thought it was just that the psn was congested cuz of the update, so i went to bed last night hoping when i woke up it would be fixed. BUT OH NO, its still doing the same thing. Any one have any clues. I have my dmz enabled for my ps3 ip, i have had no problems with disconnects or anything for almost a year now. I play most of my games online and this is frustratting me to no end.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Re: IM ABOUT TO GO NUTSSS

Dec 18, 2007

byron3114 wrote:
    So ive been connected to the PSN for a lil over a year with 0 problems, absolutley no disconnects, no nothing. Now last night i heard the update was out, I just got done playing nba 2k8, just sent a message to a few friends, and went to update via internet. As soon as i clicked on that, i got this DNS error 80710102. And now i cant even log onto the PSN. **bleep**.....I can still get onto the internet browser via the ps3 and i still have internet connection to my wireless laptop. I thought it was just that the psn was congested cuz of the update, so i went to bed last night hoping when i woke up it would be fixed. BUT OH NO, its still doing the same thing. Any one have any clues. I have my dmz enabled for my ps3 ip, i have had no problems with disconnects or anything for almost a year now. I play most of my games online and this is frustratting me to no end.

did you reboot everything?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Dec 18, 2007
yes, ive done everything. rebooted, restarted, I even went through and did a new connection. it wont get past the internet connection when i do that. says it fails, but i have the internet on other wireless products throughout the house. SO i restarted the PS3, and let it use the old connection. I go to connection status, i get 100% signal Strength,, an ip and everything is normal but it wont let me log on to psn. I can get on ps3 internet browser and look around at everything no problem. So its getting an internet connection, it just wont let me get on psn. FOR NO reason.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Dec 18, 2007
By everything I assume you did a power cycle of the router and modem.  That error code says to do that.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3859 posts

Dec 18, 2007

byron3114 wrote:
yes, ive done everything. rebooted, restarted, I even went through and did a new connection. it wont get past the internet connection when i do that. says it fails, but i have the internet on other wireless products throughout the house. SO i restarted the PS3, and let it use the old connection. I go to connection status, i get 100% signal Strength,, an ip and everything is normal but it wont let me log on to psn. I can get on ps3 internet browser and look around at everything no problem. So its getting an internet connection, it just wont let me get on psn. FOR NO reason.

In that case I advise you not to change any settings on the router or your PS3 becasue it might be the PSN that is acting up.  I say give it some time and wait a while if it is still acting up by later on tonight then call Sony and let them know I guess.  Because from what you are describing it doesn't seem like it is your PS3 or your wireless settings.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Dec 18, 2007
oh i know its not my isp, cuz otherwise i wouldnt be able to type on here lol. Ok, so heres what i did. Dont know if this is good or not. BUt i went to the Uk playstation site, they have the version updated. so i dl it from there and updated the ps3, i thought that would fix the problem(getting the update on ps3) well i went to sign in and it gave me same thing, so i saw someone say disable media share server. so i did that, and logged onto psn and it worked. NOW for the confusing part, i thought i should try and update via internet to get the US update ya know, but it said i already had the correct version. So hopefully it doesnt f me up. But what  i will do is probable redl the US update via playstation site and restore default settings and go from tthere. Cuz someone said it might f up your ps3 if you use a foreign update.  But as of right now im on psn and able to get online in nba 2k8 and thats pretty much all i care about and the system seems to working fine. 

Also, will the divx plyer they put in be able to stream divx movies cuz as of right now its not working, or is there s etting i need a to change. Thanks for everyones concerns and thoughts.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Dec 18, 2007
I didn't think restoring to default values included returning to an older firmware version.  Is that true?

The ability to play divx now means there is no need to transcode as you stream like when you use TVersity and means there is no need to convert the file if you want to play it from the PS3 hard drive.

byron3114 wrote:
oh i know its not my isp, cuz otherwise i wouldnt be able to type on here lol. Ok, so heres what i did. Dont know if this is good or not. BUt i went to the Uk playstation site, they have the version updated. so i dl it from there and updated the ps3, i thought that would fix the problem(getting the update on ps3) well i went to sign in and it gave me same thing, so i saw someone say disable media share server. so i did that, and logged onto psn and it worked. NOW for the confusing part, i thought i should try and update via internet to get the US update ya know, but it said i already had the correct version. So hopefully it doesnt f me up. But what  i will do is probable redl the US update via playstation site and restore default settings and go from tthere. Cuz someone said it might f up your ps3 if you use a foreign update.  But as of right now im on psn and able to get online in nba 2k8 and thats pretty much all i care about and the system seems to working fine. 

Also, will the divx plyer they put in be able to stream divx movies cuz as of right now its not working, or is there s etting i need a to change. Thanks for everyones concerns and thoughts.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
95 posts

Dec 18, 2007
i would assume if you went to restore factory settings that it would take you all the way back to the first version then require you to update once you log on internet.  It would be just as though you purchased the ps3.  Anyway, i cant get any divx movies to play right now. I must be doing something wrong.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4246 posts

Dec 18, 2007
Ah, there is a bit same problem as me. My update downloading is damn slow due to congested servers. So I'll have to wait for a while for the servers to be more "empty".
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Dec 18, 2007
I had some time so I looked it up.  No, restoring factory defaults retains the last version of firmware you loaded.  Read this, the last Notices

byron3114 wrote:
i would assume if you went to restore factory settings that it would take you all the way back to the first version then require you to update once you log on internet.  It would be just as though you purchased the ps3.  Anyway, i cant get any divx movies to play right now. I must be doing something wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (2 Views)
0 Likes