Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1376 posts

Re: I'm about to throw my PS3 away. Getting signed out of Playstation Network.

May 27, 2009
ive been having this problem since last night...TO ALL THE RETARDS it isnt his connection or wirless its PSN i did the connection test and everything checks out except PSN network
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Hullucinate
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 27, 2009
Like I said, wired isn't really an option. I think I'm going to hop on and see if anything cleared up.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 27, 2009
UPDATE: About 10 minutes ago I started downloading the 732MB Red Faction demo, Ive already done 245MBs and the WiFi is flashing like crazy. I wonder if someone hasn't hacked my wireless network(I'm using WEP) and that's causing some issues. Or are we still convinced this is Sony's fault?
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 27, 2009
UPDATE: I managed to download the entire demo in 30 minutes(some kind of record for my PS3), however it appears I was signed out of PSN. I logged back in no problem. I'm going to let the system sit for 15 minutes and check on it again. Next, the real test, turning it off and turning it back on, and seeing if I have problems.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 27, 2009
The biggest issue could be the bandwidth that the PS3 requires, sometimes it can just cause your wireless to drop out because it reaches a breaking point.  This happened to me a lot when I was sharing a wireless network with other people.  Make sure your wireless network is password protected so not anyone can sign on and then, although I doubt this is the case, change your PSN password to make sure no one got ahold of your PSN info somehow.  If that's the case you get signed out every time they sign in.  I have never had a problem with PSN connecting and I have a much slower connection than most people, I just have a secure wireless network.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 27, 2009
Yeah I don't have too many WiFi devices in the house. The PS3, an iPhone, and a netbook are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I just had the PS3 on for about 90 minutes with no sign out or drop out of WiFi. I'm going to change the password from WEP to WPA tomorrow and see if that helps, or maybe it miraculously healed itself, and I should just leave it alone.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 27, 2009
I woke up this morning and my PS3 is back to acting the way it was. I can sign into PSN 1 out of every 3 times I try, and then when I do, the connection is too slow to even do anything else. My friends list doesn't load, the web browser doesn't work. What a mess.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

May 27, 2009

sorry you guys, but its not the ps3.

its your home network setup, its interference, and if you're playing online games, remeber alot of games you dont connect to actual servers, you connect to other people,,and some ISPS consider that P2P, to which they can and will throttle or kill your bandwith.

iv read everyones complaints in this thread, and its easy to see its pretty much all on you users, and your network.

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 27, 2009

This isn't interference this just started happening, and I'm not trying to connect in games. I'm trying to connnect to the playstation network. Stop going into threads and starting trouble. You're just being obnoxious. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

K4N I HAZ UR stUFfz???/??/   ..and buddy,, if it works wi...

May 27, 2009

uglyorgan wrote:

K4N I HAZ UR stUFfz???/??/

..and buddy,, if it works wired,but not wireless,,,well...."lol" its not the ps3

""It does work wired but, I NEED it to work wirelessly."" 

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (12 Views)
0 Likes