Aug 14 2010
By: MomRules1086 First Son 2 posts

Help a mom out please! PSN troubles..

4 replies 127 views Edited Aug 14, 2010

Ok my son "accidently" restored default settings while he was logged in under his ID.  Now it will not allow him to log back in.  Does he have to create a brand new account or is there something that this old lady is missing?  I don't play the PS3 EVER! I didn't do it or know exactly what he did to begin with but all the other accounts for my other son's work fine, just not his.  When he tries to log on it says something about the user name/ID not being vaild.  He's not sure if it went through the initial set up again like the Q&A says it should.  PLEASE help! I really don't think I can read any more about this.  

Any help or suggestions I will try! Thanks ahead of time!

Message 1 of 5 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Re: Help a mom out please! PSN troubles..

Aug 14, 2010

is he sure that his info is correct?

Message 2 of 5 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Aug 15, 2010
you go over to sign up for playstaton under the Playstation Network Icon. You click X on that and instead of creating a new account go down one and click use an existing account. Type in your info like email and password. If you forgot your password then click forgot password. If you still have trouble call sony at 1-800-345-SONY
Message 3 of 5 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 15, 2010

Thats the problem.  It doesn't give us that option.  I was able to create a new account and transfer my stuff over.  I'm thinking he doesn't have a clue what email he used or something.  Guess I will have to call sony on Monday! Thanks everyone for your help! I appreciated it!

Message 4 of 5 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Aug 15, 2010

sounds like he forgot his email and password give sony a call they should be able to help you

Message 5 of 5 (127 Views)
0 Likes