Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/17/2006
Offline
2259 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009

Undercovermc wrote:

 

I live in the UK and three year extended warranty comes to about £60 each year. Alternatively, I could pay Sony £150 each time my PS3 fails. I'll take the former, thanks.

 

EDIT: I'm on my second PS3, my brother will soon be on his third.

Message Edited by Undercovermc on 07-30-2009 10:24 AM

That's understandable for where you live, but if you and your brother's PS3 breaks so much, then the problem is probably comes from how you guys take care of the systems. The PS3 launched when? 2006, and you are on your 2nd, and your brother is on his 3rd?

 

Seems like you guys, especially your brother had enough time to send it to Sony unless it just so happened that your brother's PS3 broke down right after Sony's warranty expired.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2007
Offline
6665 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009

SaintMoziz wrote:

Just don't game share. People have no reason to deactivate a PS3 from any PS3. If you actually have 5 PS3's in your house then go to each single system and deactivate them from the settings.

 

If you do game share, then ask the person you game shared with to deactivate it, but that is the risk of giving out your information of trading games for free.


-1

 

If I don't gameshare who says that I don't travel a lot and reside at multiple locations throughout they year.  if I had a PS3 in each place it would be a pain in the ass to go get the others deactivated to free up the one you send to sony

Yes, you can play with them. :smileywink:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/17/2006
Offline
2259 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009

rxpapi12 wrote:

 

-1

 

If I don't gameshare who says that I don't travel a lot and reside at multiple locations throughout they year.  if I had a PS3 in each place it would be a pain in the ass to go get the others deactivated to free up the one you send to sony


Do you travel a lot? Or are you using that as a hypothetical question? Who is to say you will be getting YLOD every time your PS3 breaks down though?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2007
Offline
6665 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009

SaintMoziz wrote:

rxpapi12 wrote:

 

-1

 

If I don't gameshare who says that I don't travel a lot and reside at multiple locations throughout they year.  if I had a PS3 in each place it would be a pain in the ass to go get the others deactivated to free up the one you send to sony


Do you travel a lot? Or are you using that as a hypothetical question? Who is to say you will be getting YLOD every time your PS3 breaks down though?


Hypothetical

Btw is YLOD the only thing that stops you turning on your console or are there other mishaps that can screw you over a deactivation?

Yes, you can play with them. :smileywink:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/28/2007
Offline
9353 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009

rxpapi12 wrote:

SaintMoziz wrote:

Just don't game share. People have no reason to deactivate a PS3 from any PS3. If you actually have 5 PS3's in your house then go to each single system and deactivate them from the settings.

 

If you do game share, then ask the person you game shared with to deactivate it, but that is the risk of giving out your information of trading games for free.


-1

 

If I don't gameshare who says that I don't travel a lot and reside at multiple locations throughout they year.  if I had a PS3 in each place it would be a pain in the ass to go get the others deactivated to free up the one you send to sony


 

-1

BUT you still have ACCESS to those ps3s you "own" and at some point or another you can deactivate them,,pain, sure...but if you travel as much as you claim to do, its not worry for you then, as you will sooner or later be back at one of those ps3.

 

the majority of people who own a couple ps3s, like myself, i have direct access to them at home..MOST people dont travel to the point where they have 4-5 ps3s sitting around the country,, and if they do, they can afford for each to have thier very own account.

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2007
Offline
6665 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009

Neridqe wrote:

rxpapi12 wrote:

SaintMoziz wrote:

Just don't game share. People have no reason to deactivate a PS3 from any PS3. If you actually have 5 PS3's in your house then go to each single system and deactivate them from the settings.

 

If you do game share, then ask the person you game shared with to deactivate it, but that is the risk of giving out your information of trading games for free.


-1

 

If I don't gameshare who says that I don't travel a lot and reside at multiple locations throughout they year.  if I had a PS3 in each place it would be a pain in the ass to go get the others deactivated to free up the one you send to sony


 

-1

BUT you still have ACCESS to those ps3s you "own" and at some point or another you can deactivate them,,pain, sure...but if you travel as much as you claim to do, its not worry for you then, as you will sooner or later be back at one of those ps3.

 

the majority of people who own a couple ps3s, like myself, i have direct access to them at home..MOST people dont travel to the point where they have 4-5 ps3s sitting around the country,, and if they do, they can afford for each to have thier very own account.


I gave -1 in the first place because the OP didn't talk about gamesharing it had nothingto do with my hypothetical situation guess I should have said it lol

Yes, you can play with them. :smileywink:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/28/2007
Offline
9353 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009

rxpapi12 wrote:

Neridqe wrote:

rxpapi12 wrote:

SaintMoziz wrote:

Just don't game share. People have no reason to deactivate a PS3 from any PS3. If you actually have 5 PS3's in your house then go to each single system and deactivate them from the settings.

 

If you do game share, then ask the person you game shared with to deactivate it, but that is the risk of giving out your information of trading games for free.


-1

 

If I don't gameshare who says that I don't travel a lot and reside at multiple locations throughout they year.  if I had a PS3 in each place it would be a pain in the ass to go get the others deactivated to free up the one you send to sony


 

-1

BUT you still have ACCESS to those ps3s you "own" and at some point or another you can deactivate them,,pain, sure...but if you travel as much as you claim to do, its not worry for you then, as you will sooner or later be back at one of those ps3.

 

the majority of people who own a couple ps3s, like myself, i have direct access to them at home..MOST people dont travel to the point where they have 4-5 ps3s sitting around the country,, and if they do, they can afford for each to have thier very own account.


I gave -1 in the first place because the OP didn't talk about gamesharing it had nothingto do with my hypothetical situation guess I should have said it lol


I gave the -1 because i am not a fan or subscriber to your school of thought in your response.

no offense though, we can still be friends

Message Edited by Neridqe on 07-30-2009 01:28 PM
Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 03/01/2006
Offline
51 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009
When I contacted Sony to try to activate my new PS3 for video downloads they simply would not assist me in deactivating my previous console. They insisted that I needed to fax them copies of the store's internal paperwork documenting the exchange. To MY knowledge, there was no paperwork. I returned the defective console and they gave me a new one. I didn't sign anything and I have no idea what was done with the console after I returned it.

If only one PS3 can be activated for video content I think that needs to be made explicitly clear and the system should not be automatically activated at the time of the first video download but rather the user should have to actually agree to the activation so that they are aware of the conditions. What really upsets me about this is that NOTHING can be downloaded from the video store, not even free content. The worst thing of all, however, that Sony allows you to continue purchasing content from the video store with no mention of this but then when you try to download what you've purchased you're told that you can't because of the activation limit. That's how I found out about all of this. Furthermore, all of the video store transactions on my account have been rentals so there is absolutely NO CHANCE of me sharing that content with others because it's all been expired for quite some time. Truly ridiculous.

I've only contacted Sony about this once but it's about time I do so again. I CANNOT deactivate a non-functional system that is no longer in my possession and after all trouble I had to go through to get the system replaced at no cost I don't really want to harass the people who were kind enough to do so. Basically, they had trouble getting new ones in and I had to keep calling back every week for nearly two months... then, when they did they get more they were 80 gig with dualshocks whereas my original console was a 40 gig with sixaxis and they went ahead and swapped them anyway. This was also one month shy of a year from the time that I got the first console and I'm still paying on it. So you see, I 'd really rather not give them anymore grief.

I have provided Sony with more than enough personal information that they should be able to verify my ownership of my PSN account. In my opinion, there's also no reason for the video store's policies to be so much more stringent than the game store's when the games are typically far more expensive.

Finally, to be fair, there is one other option available to me and that is to create a new, separate PSN account and use it solely for video downloads. The Sony rep I spoke with did not volunteer this information but did confirm that it was a possible solution when I asked and even agreed that it's probably the easiest thing to do. The only real inconvenience with this that I would have to load funds separately onto both accounts.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/16/2008
Offline
3131 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 30, 2009

 

Here is my problem. When I got my new PSP with the SoR movie voucher, I decided to DL it using my replacement 160gb PS3. As I posted earlier I had my other system video active.

Well I typed in the code and everything went through, untill it came to download (for obvious reasons).

Well I didn't know that that counted as using the voucher. So when I tried to DL it to my PSP it wouldn't DL because I would get a message saying that the code is not right/avalible.

 

I was able to download the movie by complete acident. I went on this site, clicked on my profile (the link in the top right corner of this page under your name). Then while there i clicked on edit account, which opened up a new window and took my to the site were I can change my address, email, and stuff like that. Well I clicked on my DL list and I was actually shocked to see that SoR was in my DL list.  I then proceded to click on the download button. I pluged my psp in via USB cable, and now SoR is on my PSP.

 

I got an Idea to try to copy the movie onto my PS3 harddrive...and I got a message saying that I'm am not able to copy it because of my account already being activated. I am still mad, I could have sworn that would have worked...

 

But now, before I try to call sony, I am dealing with thier customer support via email... I'm not enjoying this one bit.

I don't like haveing almost 2gb of space being used on my PSP, and I wont delete the movie. I wanted my PS3 to store it.  

Yes i have several accounts on my PS3, but the movie is already with this one so I can't just make a new account and put it there.

 

I know that Sony did this to prevent movie shareing, and pirateing, but only being able to have one account activated was a failure of a desion on Sony's part.

 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2007
Offline
6665 posts
 

Re: Give us the option to deactivate our account from all PS3's

Jul 31, 2009

Neridqe wrote:

rxpapi12 wrote:

Neridqe wrote:

rxpapi12 wrote:

SaintMoziz wrote:

Just don't game share. People have no reason to deactivate a PS3 from any PS3. If you actually have 5 PS3's in your house then go to each single system and deactivate them from the settings.

 

If you do game share, then ask the person you game shared with to deactivate it, but that is the risk of giving out your information of trading games for free.


-1

 

If I don't gameshare who says that I don't travel a lot and reside at multiple locations throughout they year.  if I had a PS3 in each place it would be a pain in the ass to go get the others deactivated to free up the one you send to sony


 

-1

BUT you still have ACCESS to those ps3s you "own" and at some point or another you can deactivate them,,pain, sure...but if you travel as much as you claim to do, its not worry for you then, as you will sooner or later be back at one of those ps3.

 

the majority of people who own a couple ps3s, like myself, i have direct access to them at home..MOST people dont travel to the point where they have 4-5 ps3s sitting around the country,, and if they do, they can afford for each to have thier very own account.


I gave -1 in the first place because the OP didn't talk about gamesharing it had nothingto do with my hypothetical situation guess I should have said it lol


I gave the -1 because i am not a fan or subscriber to your school of thought in your response.

no offense though, we can still be friends

Message Edited by Neridqe on 07-30-2009 01:28 PM

your cool lol (not being sarcastic)

Yes, you can play with them. :smileywink:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 44 (14 Views)
Reply
0 Likes