Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Re: EU-games not working on JP-machine

Mar 20, 2007

Ninjan wrote:
I don't know .. if they did, they did it in version 1.54.

Gavi, what kind of machine are you sitting on ?

I have a Hong Kong PS3. I haven't purchased anything just yet though. Strange that some people are getting success whilst others are not.
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 11 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Mar 20, 2007

Gothdom wrote:
I heard someone had the same problem, just re-downloaded the game (since you paid once, you can download it again ) and said it works fine. I'd try that.

Also, I got a US PS3 and made an UK account, downloaded some games and everything is working fine, I just can't download any add-on for any us games.

The add-ons don't work on the US games?

That's odd since the content on the HK store works on the US games. I really hope they are not region coding PAL games. I've got a bad feeling, hope I'm wrong. I've been reading that US and Japanese PS3 games are working on PAL machines so I hope that everything will be fine.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 12 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Mar 20, 2007
The thing is, I didn't even try, I just heard that info. Sorry to be misleading. So it works? What are the GranTurismo add-ons? :smileytongue:

Also, I'd like that japanese Kitty thing to be translated. It looks funny.
Message 13 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8574 posts

Mar 20, 2007
well video in PAL dont play on us playstations. i converted a video to PAL on accident and had to redo it. The ps3 said "video is pal is not supported" something like that. probably the same thing with games
Message 14 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3741 posts

Mar 20, 2007
Just a thought:  Maybe the Euro Tekken DR game is coded so that it's not supposed to be running yet pre-03/23, the PS3 launch in the Europe?

Message 15 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8574 posts

Mar 20, 2007

nmc75 wrote:
Just a thought:  Maybe the Euro Tekken DR game is coded so that it's not supposed to be running yet pre-03/23, the PS3 launch in the Europe?

its cause euro ps3 are in PAL and japan and us are in NTSC, they will not work together
Message 16 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Mar 20, 2007
the UK F1 c.e. demo i downloaded on my US ps3 worked fine. 2 differen't tracks is all that is new in the demo, it still has the frame rate problem.

Message 17 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Mar 20, 2007

-Nugs- wrote:

nmc75 wrote:

its cause euro ps3 are in PAL and japan and us are in NTSC, they will not work together

Please stop posting this incorrect information and spreading unnecessary panic.  Other people have successfully played games downloaded from the UK store on their US market PS3s (just check some of the posts above)...
Message 18 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Mar 20, 2007
activate your ps3 that might help
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Mar 20, 2007
Any more confirmation about PAL games working on Japanese/American/Hong Kong PS3s?

Message 20 of 56 (26 Views)
0 Likes