Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: EU-games not working on JP-machine

Mar 26, 2007
from the dell webiste:
It  has HDCP

Featuring enhanced features such as the 15-pin D-Sub, DVI-D with HDCP support, S-Video, Composite and Component Connectors, as well as 4 x Integrated powered USB 2.0 ports and a 9-in-2 Media Card Reader, the UltraSharp™2407WFP monitor gives users convenient access to plug in many different devices such as media cards, digital cameras and other electronic devices. It also supports advanced features such as anti-glare with hard-coating 3H and can be activated with a touch of a button on the front of the display. With an integrated height adjustment stand, users can adjust the display to their exact comfort level and help reduce eye and neck strain. The UltraSharp™ 2407WFP Flat Panel LCD Monitor comes with a standard 3-Year Warranty.
Message 51 of 56 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Mar 26, 2007
I'm sorry but did you have the problem using your LCD monitor with all games or with the 2 games that you mentioned? RCA/SCART or HDMI/DVI?
Message 52 of 56 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 26, 2007
Ok, this is my first post ever on this forum so be gentle with me if I step on some rules :smileyhappy:.

Anyway....
I,ve just bought a PAL PS3 but ordered a NTSC game from the states.
Im currently gaming on a PAL SDTV.

With the NTSC 480i video mode vs PAL 576i mode the game shouldent encounter any problems, right?

I can understand that the PAL games encounter problems converting down to the NTSC SDTV resolution, but this shouldt be the case when you use a NTSC game with a PAL SDTV. The resolution gets upgrades which isnt a problem, right?

Could anyone please share their thoughts about my THEORIES?

Thanks!

With regards
Nick- Sweden
Message 53 of 56 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Mar 26, 2007

BlueyesCyclone wrote:
schu70 I have a Japanese PS3 cause i couldn't be bothered to wait for it to come out in the UK and since it was my Birthday comeing up but what i'm trying to say is that can't be right cause (1)if that was true then GT HD from the USA Playstation store wouldn't work on my SD TV and since i don't see "This Game is not supported"  when i try to play it, (2)why doesn't the PAL version work on my Japanese PS3. Like i said in my other comment i left the other demos and full games and trailers that i download from the European PS Store which are PAL work fine. But PAL Tekken 5:smileyvery-happy:R and PAL GT HD don't work. God this is Driveing me Crazy a little insight would be great anyone got views onthis that could help?

I don't hold all the answers but let me look at some of your questions....(1) PS3 (japan)/NTSC + GT HD (US store)/NTSC = no problem in SD or HD (2) Try changing the region code around on your PS3 from the XMB menu they might have the games coded only to worked based on how the PS3 is region coded.  (LINK) Sounds like all games/demos aren't created equal.

One last note (not directed at you Blue..) why would someone or anyone for that matter buy a unit from one region then DL content from another or live in one region buy a PS3 from another and then DL from yet a completely different store AND when things don't work they scratch their head or complain.

I have a PS3 from the States,  I buy games from the States and use the PS3 US store and have no issues whatsoever.  If I lived in the UK, I would own a UK PS3, buy UK games and DL only from the EU store.  If people like to be creative and roll the dice with various combinations of software/hardware then expect "speedbumps".

Message 54 of 56 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 27, 2007
I can only answer for myself.
I bought a game from the states because its European launch was pushed back 1 month.

Thats my reasen .
Message 55 of 56 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
442 posts

Mar 27, 2007
I AD EXACT SAME PROBLEM JAPAN PS3 IN THE UK AND DOWNLOADED TEKKEN :smileyvery-happy:R AND GT:CONCEPT...DIDNT WORK ON A SDTV BUT WHEN I DOWNLOADED GT ON THE USA STORE IT WORKED PERFECTLY FINE COZ THIS HITCH BE FIXED IN A UPDATE OR DO I HAVE TO BUY A HDTV?!
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
Message 56 of 56 (21 Views)
0 Likes