Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 19 2010
By: Tey707 First Son 8 posts

Disturbing Childish Behavior

16 replies 111 views Edited Aug 19, 2010

First I need to start off by saying, I love the PSN. I love getting home and popping in MW2 and playing for hours. The problem that I have is that there's no oversight to how the PSN is being abused. I am all for creative expression but I do not condone vulgar online IDs. For fear of getting reprimanded for using  the same words to further convey my point on this, I will to the best of abilities give some examples of the players I seem to be matched with everytime I login. Some of these guys playing MW2 have ids that reference killing homosexuals, smoking weed, ejaculating on your mother and even going so far as naming themselves El Taliban. Come on people. Do we really need to be exposed to disrespectful kids who think its all a joke? For one I know this particular games goal is to kill the other player, but is an ejaculating **bleep** for a clan tag really necessary? At first I chalked it up to kids being kids. But then I realized, why are kids playing this game in the first place? It clearly states on the box this game is intended for mature people, meaning over 18. I had to present my liscence to purchase this game so I know Sony isn't to blame for parents buying thier children innappropriate games BUT Sony should at least put something in place to keep ids and clan tags somewhat clean.

I was in one lobby where two grown men were arguing with two young kids about lagging and thier ids. All these kids wanted to do was argue that games are for kids and that the two adults were losers for playing a video game. I don't see why we adults have to be the ones to go to the block menu and block these kids when they shouldn't be playing the game in the first place. I have read many posts where people feel the need to ask how much the poster pays to play on the PSN and throw that in their face. Well  I have to say that after the $60 game and three $15 add-ons I have a right to complain about this. All I want to do is play the game. I can deal with the trash talking and I can deal with laggers and boosters but it really boils my blood to have to deal with children who go by horribly abusive and innapropriate online ids who also feel they need to tell everyone that they suck using language much more colorful than the word "suck"

The purpose of this post is to see if any of you out there are as fed up as I am with this. These kids are going to be running our world someday and the way we're running it now leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the future. Please Sony, regulate this because its already waaay out of hand. Thanks for your time people,

Tey707

P.S. If you're playing S&D, don't camp so hard. Its really frustrating to have your team finished and the only guy left stays in the same place until time runs out. Killstreaks aren't that important.

Message 1 of 17 (111 Views)
Last Guardian
13339 posts

Re: Disturbing Childish Behavior

Aug 19, 2010

Hi Tey707,

The best way to go about this is to file a complaint via this form. You can also contact SCEA's Consumer Services to voice your concerns. 

I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 17 (111 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Aug 19, 2010

its online gaming get used to it or dont play

Message 3 of 17 (111 Views)
Fender Bender
3421 posts

Aug 19, 2010

Well from what i have learned about these weird unusual names.

Is that most if not all of these types of names are hackers, and or kids to young to be on for example mw2.

This brings out the problems kids have today.

No good parenting, is going on..

This is the reason why governments want to shut down violent video games.

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 4 of 17 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Aug 19, 2010
Sad but true.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 5 of 17 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6488 posts

Aug 19, 2010
Sorry, but I can find many more important things to spend my time on than someone else's ID.
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 6 of 17 (111 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Aug 19, 2010

I think someone needs to lighten up.

Message 7 of 17 (111 Views)
Splicer
74 posts

Aug 20, 2010

This is unfortunately online gaming, the majority of it is overrun with brats who should probably spend more time with a book learning how the world works and making something of themselves than thinking up ridiculous PSN ID's and slinging swears, racial epitaphs and generally ignorant behavior at complete strangers over voice chat because they got "pwnd" or perhaps, are "pwning".  That said, if you truly enjoy playing online, you're just going to have to suck it up and deal with it.  They aren't going anywhere.

Find some people you enjoy playing with, fill your friends list up with them and avoid those folks altogether.

Message 8 of 17 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 20, 2010
Thanks!! I'll do that.
Message 9 of 17 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Aug 21, 2010

Anyway, @ OP. There isn't much you can do. As others have said either ignore it or don't play online.

Message 10 of 17 (111 Views)
0 Likes