Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 12 2010
By: softee30 First Son 2 posts

DNS Error, error code: 80710102

2 replies 639 views Edited Jan 12, 2010

I am having a problem getting my PS3 connected to my wireless network.  This hasn't always been an issue, only recently when my roommate changed the DNS numbers.  The router being used is an Apple Timecapsule.  The DNS numbers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.  After reading many other posts I am noticing that people recommend using these numbers but they aren't working for me.  When the PS3 is connected to the router with a Ethernet cable the internet connection works great.  The previous error code that I was getting was the infamous 8013031A.  Since manually inputting the IP address I am no longer receiving that message.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I certainly miss getting online with my PS3.  I am about to resort to purchasing a 50 foot Ethernet cable

Kim 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (639 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23949 posts

Re: DNS Error, error code: 80710102

Jan 12, 2010

softee30 wrote:

I am having a problem getting my PS3 connected to my wireless network.  This hasn't always been an issue, only recently when my roommate changed the DNS numbers.  The router being used is an Apple Timecapsule.  The DNS numbers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.  After reading many other posts I am noticing that people recommend using these numbers but they aren't working for me.  When the PS3 is connected to the router with a Ethernet cable the internet connection works great.  The previous error code that I was getting was the infamous 8013031A.  Since manually inputting the IP address I am no longer receiving that message.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I certainly miss getting online with my PS3.  I am about to resort to purchasing a 50 foot Ethernet cable

Kim 

Hey softee30,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting to the PlayStation Network. I've found that those who receive this error usually get it because they have input their information in manually. With that, they have made a typo or mistake in entering the many numbers required for it to function correctly. I'm a little confused with what you've posted, in the start you said you just recently started having connection issues after a roommate changes your DNS server numbers. However if I understand the end correctly, you were getting a different error code before they made this change?

Either way, I would try connecting with the automatic settings rather than manually inputting your IP information to see if that resolves your issue. If it does flip back to giving you the other error code, then try putting in your information from scratch. There's a great guide here on assigning your information manually for the PlayStation Network. I suggest sticking with the above DNS servers unless you continue to have problems, in which case I'd try using a different set. These servers are for OpenDNS, you can read more about it here if you'd like.

Hopefully you can resolve your issue. Best of luck!

- DoubleOSpoon
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (639 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: DNS Error, error code: 80710102

Jan 12, 2010
About the previous error message... I'm not real sure why I was getting it, I only know that I started receiving that message (8013031A) after he changed the DNS numbers.  I would attempt to get online (wirelessly) and that message would pop up.  I know that my PS3 is NAT 2 when I go through all the steps.  I will try going through the steps automatically and see if that helps.  Its just very frustrating because it WAS working perfectly fine and now only the wired connection works.  Thank you for your advice.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (639 Views)
0 Likes