First Son
2 posts

Re: Credit card information is invalid,unable to add funds to wallet

Jul 31, 2010

Same problem here, and I believe I know what goes wrong.  I just don't know what to do about it.  I can't register my credit card with PSN unless I remove the hyphen character from my address.  Apparently, the PSN automatic system doesn't understand hyphens.  Then when I do remove the hyphen, I get the error that my credit card info is invalid, which of course it is, because the billing address is incorrect --- it's missing a hyphen in my street address.

Greg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 1, 2010

i'll try that vokiel thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5403 posts

Aug 1, 2010

INovalyfeI wrote:

i wouldn't try that because i've seen most post on here with the same problem and same answer they get. i'd probably get the same one. renew/fix your CC information, buy psn cards, all that sorts of stuff..

Call them anyway, the more people that call to complain about this problem the better.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 1, 2010

sAME THING HAPPEN TO ME. My CC wouldn't workI I brought a PSN CARD and it work fine, so I guess a  psn cards is the way to go..I hope they are aware of this issue, and  fix this ASAP..

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Aug 1, 2010

vokiel wrote:

Certain bank issued credit cards aren't supported by the PSN AVS (address verification scrapper). IOW those cards will never work until the dev team fix this lack of coverage. This is the answer I got from a customer representative some years ago. And yes, my card still doesn't work.

What you can do is try to put in your information and add fund and as soon as it fails call your Credit Card company and ask why the transaction was refused.

the c c company can't do nothing about that, its Sony problem.. my CC is fine..

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 1, 2010

I actually ran into this problem myself last night. I just received a refurbished slim from Sony this past Wednesday and I was required to enter in a new password and my billing info was removed. Anyway, when I tried to enter my billing info (the same stuff I had since '06) I kept getting the invalid message. I googled the issue and discovered that you need to enter in the info that's on your statement.

If you're using a credit or debit card, look at your statement. You need to enter it in EXACTLY has how it's shown on your statement. This is done for security reasons and I think it's a good security mechanism. For example, if you live in an apartment or condo and the Apt or Unit # is on the first line (on your bank or CC statement), that's what you need to enter on the billing address screen after entering in your card information. If your name and address is in all caps, that's what you need to enter.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Aug 1, 2010

kevin2000_99 wrote:

vokiel wrote:

Certain bank issued credit cards aren't supported by the PSN AVS (address verification scrapper). IOW those cards will never work until the dev team fix this lack of coverage. This is the answer I got from a customer representative some years ago. And yes, my card still doesn't work.

What you can do is try to put in your information and add fund and as soon as it fails call your Credit Card company and ask why the transaction was refused.

the c c company can't do nothing about that, its Sony problem.. my CC is fine..

Your CC Company can tell you whether their system refused the transaction or not and why, therefor helping you correct whatever is wrong with your address, if there's something wrong with it. In my case, my bank just told me all address verification attempts went through perfectly fine. So I pined the problem on the AVS software Sony is using and just went on the PSN card band wagon.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 1, 2010

My card is the same card I have used my entire PS3 career (since it came out) and as of last week I keep getting told it is invalid.  I have noticed that when I update the billing information through the PC website that the security code keeps getting dumped.  Something for Sony to look into someday...when they actually care.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 10, 2010
Unbelievable. They tell me they've been working on this for more than a month and they have no idea what the problem is or when it might be resolved.

Incredible.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 10, 2010
"I don't get it, why is X-Box Live so much more popular even though it costs money and we offer more features???" BECAUSE IT WORKS WELL
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 24 (195 Views)
0 Likes