Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2008
By: ZOMG_its_Radimus Lombax Warrior 122 posts

Check for PSN-ID availability.

2 replies 10133 views Edited Jan 15, 2008
I'm getting my PS3 in a week, and I am wondering if there is a way to check to see if my planned PSN-ID is available or not.
0 Likes
Survivor
2879 posts

Re: Check for PSN-ID availability.

Jan 15, 2008
First you could check the PSN/PSU Master Handle. If it's not there it might still be available. But the List was last updated in September. Which leaves October, November December and now for people to have taken your planned name.

PLAYSTATION® Network Master Handle List

Message Edited by Gramice on 01-14-2008 11:40 PM

Message Edited by Gramice on 01-14-2008 11:41 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (10,133 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Re: Check for PSN-ID availability.

Jan 15, 2008

Gramice wrote:
First you could check the PSN/PSU Master Handle. If it's not there it might still be available. But the List was last updated in September. Which leaves October, November December and now for people to have taken your planned name.

PLAYSTATION® Network Master Handle List

Message Edited by Gramice on 01-14-2008 11:40 PM

Message Edited by Gramice on 01-14-2008 11:41 PM

While its a start, it won't be totally effective as there are upon thousands of people who have PSN ID's yet have not chosen to affiliate themselves with the Playstation Forums (This goes for all Branches of the Forums).

@OP, do you have a trustworthy friend that would be willing to help reserve the name you wish to have? If so all you need to do is give him your Email, Home Address, Name, Desired Password etc. with the PSN Name you want (You might not need the warning, but I'll say it anyway, Don't give any information that could lead in indentity theft; ie SSN, CC # etc. Especially in these circumstances because it isn't needed to sign up on PSN). If it works, when you do get your PS3, and sign up for PSN, instead of using the "Create new User" Option, go to the second option "Log in as existing User" and type in Email and Password to log in to the account, and you're done (Also as a note, once you get your account, I'd suggest changing your password, so there is no question about the safety of your account, especially if you plan on setting up a CC to use for PS Store purchases.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (10,133 Views)
0 Likes