Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 22 2010
By: LordDeath50 Splicer 68 posts

Can't add funds to my wallet!

8 replies 1204 views Edited Nov 22, 2010

I've seen many threads about this, I've don all the steps, everything is correct, I retyped it all, checked again, called my bank, everything is fine on their end, there is more than enough money to the card, used it many times in the past for RockBand downloads without fail, suddenly after four downloads on Home I can't add funds anymore! I've waited hours, then a full day, and still same result. Also talking to a live person on the help line number is damned impossible. I called while there should be live support but everytime I press zero to go to it, I got more robot support or it hangs up on me! I'm really pissed off here at this service. Also yes I did try using another card with only the same results! What the Hell Sony?

Proud PS3 User! Beta Testing: Soduim Two
I use female avatar when possible, deal with it.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Re: Can't add funds to my wallet!

Nov 22, 2010

Alright I know to wait a little bit for people to reply but a whole day and no one? Seriously...

Also Sony wont asnwer me, email, phone, or website. I can't believe this... first time I ever had a problem with Sony and this is there custome service? I've spent over $400.00 in your online store (small be it compared to some) with the same card, and NOW the adress can't be verified?! Bank says nothings wrong, I input nothing wrong... so Sony, you're wrong! I know it works for some, congrats your card is doged the bullet, some did bypass with other cards, again cool... but my only option was to drive 30 minutes and back to the closest store that sells a PSN card and have to get a $20 (other choice was $50) I didn't want to spend $20!! I wanted $10!! And could of did that if my CARD WAS STILL WORKING!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Nov 22, 2010
I know you're frustrated that no one else has answered & to be honest there's not much I can add to assit you, you say you've read many other Threads/Posts on this subject, you wil also be aware that Sony is aware of this issue.

All I can usefully suggest is that you keep trying, at different times of the day, make sure that the address is entered EXACTLY as appears on your credit card bill & make sure that silly things like '0' are not being entered as 'o'.

Good luck to you, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 22, 2010
i have the same problem, credit card invalid etc!!, everything else i buy is ok, like the PsP Go that i bought foolishly last week from Amazon, i have ordered a network card, i just hope it works?, PsP Go for the Antiques Road show?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 23, 2010

Well at least some people replied but in my frusteration I should have explained I'm upset that really STILL no word at all on the matter from Sony. That to me is a week of incompitence, a week of frusteration (on not fault of my own), and a bit of respect for their customer service I have lost. Even more if they do nothing to remede the solution.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5663 posts

Nov 23, 2010
This issue has been going on for more than weeks. I can no longer use any of my credit cards to fund my wallet and I doubt they'll be fixing anytime soon, so if you want to purchase something then a PSN card is the only way to go.
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 23, 2010

So it's pluaged others for weeks? The response time is even worse than I thought to this, how embarssing for Sony. also I'm hearing rumors that the older fatter models will never have it fixed because they're out of date systems (or something)? That better not be true, or Sony might have perhaps the most upset customer on there hands they will bug them every single day, with letters, emails, calls, post (like this), and negative feeback until it gets fixed. I recently paid $300.00+ for my refurbished 80GB backwards model and damnit it better have proper acess to everything like it should, really fast! Some figure why work up such a store over an issue like this? I suppose when it's not only the first and only problem I've have had with a Sony product (or related) and I don't like the idea of not being able to add funds to my wallent whenever I want, without having to drive 30 minutes to the nearest store, then that is why I'm getting so worked up! I'll buy another PSN card but it may be the last time, if this doesn't get fixed or even a response. I may have to rethink systems, I hear customer service at Microsoft is not too bad...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Nov 23, 2010

I had the same problem back in October but I managed to get it to work. After you update your credit information and it says "successfully updated" wait a week before purchasing anything, that worked for me. It's an issue on Sony's end where it's taking forever to verify that the card is valid. It will charge a temporary $1.00 to the card, basically you need to wait for that to go through and then for it to be refunded back to your account.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Nov 23, 2010

Guess I'll try that, about the only thing so far I have not. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,204 Views)
0 Likes