First Son
4 posts

Re: your Sony Entertainment Network account has been permanently banned

Jun 1, 2013

**bleep**...sorry to hear that. And smh at these idiotic corporate apologists that are blaming the victim. Corporate apologists are why M$ is becoming anti-consumer with their next gen system.

Message 11 of 22 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8212 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mhittesd wrote:Unauthorized or pirated software has been detected on your PlayStation®3 system.

You didn't game share with someone, and they had jailbroken PS3, did you? I have a feeling there's more to this story we're not hearing.

I have a feeling that's definitively the case.

Despite whatever attempts to cover up the jailbreak, a feature of the CELL CPU still stays unhacked from what I read: The SPV, or Secure Processing Vault. It's a hard-coded program in the CPU that talks back to PSN when you sign in (which is the feature that the pro-hack people spun as a "rootkit" which is utter BS). From what I read, whatever the SPV is sending, it's scrambled so no one really knows. My guess? It's a hash of whatever's loaded on the firmware side of things, then they cross-reference the hashes with known good ones, and when it doesn't match, it is matched with known hacks.

Either way: It's not very advisable to put your account on a JB console, or gameshare where other people can put your account on a JB console, or make easily guessed passwords and/or recoveries. Or jailbreak your console, period if you care about being banned.

Message 12 of 22 (557 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Yes i am a new member to this forum, but an old ps3 member.   I am a casual gammer.  I haven't had any problems in the past.  I mostly play EA sports games online.  My account is still active in a sense, here is what i can and cannot do when you are banned.  

Available services or content if system has been banned

The following is a list of features you can and can't use if your system has been banned and your SEN account terminated.

• Friends List

You can: browse, save, and delete sent or received messages from friends. 

You can't: add friends, chat, revise your blocked users list, or create messages.

• PlayStation Network

You can: see what's new in the "What's New" section, browse the online manual, use the Internet browser, download new system updates, and use Remote Play using wireless LAN.

You can't: connect to PS Home or the PS Store, manage account information including wallet charges and voucher entry, browse your download list, activate or deactivate your system, browse your trophies, or use Remote Play via the Internet.  

• Games

You can: play offline games that don't require any connection to the PlayStation Network.

You can't: play games that use the PlayStation Network, purchase new DLC, or sync trophies.

• Video

You can: view manually added content as well as content that was purchased from the PlayStation Store previous to the system being banned.

You can't: upload videos or access services that require PlayStation Network sign-in, such as MLB.TV, HULU, Netflix, VUDU, etc.

• Music

You can: listen to manually added content as well as content that was purchased from the PlayStation Store previous to the system being banned. You can also retrieve music CD information.

You can't: use Music Unlimited, or purchase new music.

• Photos

You can: view photos that were on your PS3 previous to the ban.

You can't: upload photos to services that use the PlayStation Network.

• Additional Restrictions

PSone classics save data can be exchanged between PS3/PSP systems but the PSone classic game data itself cannot be moved.

Videos and games bought on PlayStation Store cannot be moved to other devices.

Message 13 of 22 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Unless you escalate the problem with customer service, asking to speak to supervisors and managers until you get a better explanation, theres nothing that coming on to a forum is going to do for you.

Fact is, even WE don't know the specifics as to why your account has been banned. So all we can do is only go by the information that your provide us.

Which is, you were banned due to running a jailbroken PS3 online and/or using custom/homebrew software that Sony never originally intended 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 14 of 22 (538 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jun 1, 2013
You should offer them to take a look at your system to properly determine if its a mistake or not.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 15 of 22 (535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 8, 2013

This same exact thing happened to me, at the same time.  I called Sony because I figured it must be a mistake - I have no idea how to "jailbreak" a playstation 3, I bought it new 2 years ago, and no one else has used it without me being present.  I have only installed games that I bought and downloaded from the Playstation Store.  They wouldn't give me ANY information except that it had been permanently banned and I have to buy a new PS3. 

There's apparently no appeal process, and the customer service representative told me that there's no way it's a mistake.  Obviously since it's reviewed by humans it could potentially be a mistake, so I can't believe there's absolutely no way to appeal it.

At least I know that this happened to someone else, but it doesn't make me feel much better since I just lost ALL my trophies and ALL my games that I bought.  Anyone have any ideas??

I have been a playstation fan for well over 10 years, but unfortunately if this ban isn't lifted I'm going to have to go to Microsoft. 

Message 16 of 22 (487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 16, 2014

Yes I've been banned myself, I have called them and the only explanation they gave me was " Violations of terms of services" Which I simply asked " what have I done because I don't have a clue at all". The guy (name is Moses id number 1252) tells me he does not know that's all its says in the system. I asked so if you don't know then why ban? He couldn't give me an answer other than the one above. I asked what shall i do about this and he told me there is nothing you can do because its permanent banned. I asked for a corporate number or email and he told me there is none. Does this makes sense to anyone? Does anyone know who I have to speak to, to get information on what happened. THIS IS THE REASON I NEVER BUY DOWNLOAD CONTENT AND I STICK TO DISCS BECAUSE THEY CAN SCREW YOU AND GET AWAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm really **bleep** off from this.

Message 17 of 22 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4860 posts

May 16, 2014

Wow lol I got this email with the title of this thread that I totally forgot about and I thought my account my bannedSmiley Indifferent Maybe I shouldn't get so heated in off topic discussions.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

https://twitter.com/FreshRevenge
http://www.twitch.tv/thefreshrevengehaven

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 18 of 22 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2014

Oh i see how unexpected look like ur need to buy a new playstion always a back door on home, sorry this was a beta commit Smiley Happy

3298082180_6e53883a89[1].jpg

Message 19 of 22 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4594 posts

May 16, 2014

Just so ya know do what ever that got you banned on ps3 on a microsoft server you will get banned on it also. I find it amusing that others took time make a forum account and first post just to agree with you and the same thing happened to them also going to xbox.

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it! Elite Dangerous is coming soon to PS4
Message 20 of 22 (368 Views)
0 Likes