Jan 04 2012
By: celebi2012 First Son 3 posts

xperia phone questions

6 replies 287 views Edited Jan 4, 2012

Hello I just have a quick question. I just got an xperia phone and I can't figure out how to download playstation games on it. I registered an account but I don't know how to get any games and I can't find any good info on the internet. What all do I need to do to be able to download some glames? Thanks for any info that you can give me.

Message 1 of 7 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3358 posts

Re: xperia phone questions

Jan 4, 2012

um you may try posting on this thread. might not get much help here in the playstation home section.

http://community.us.playstation.com/community/support/playstation_network

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 7 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Jan 4, 2012

First download Astro file manager from market.

Than transfer your game to your SDcard with help of data cable and than use Astro to install it.

YB

Message 3 of 7 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Hi celebi, and welcome to the forum!

I've gone ahead and moved your question to our PSN support area in the hopes of you getting the help you are looking for.  I may have an Xperia, but I honestly don't know much about them from a technical aspect.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

-SP

Message 4 of 7 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your help everybody. I am sorry for being such a pain but this phone is really confusing this is actually my first non flip phone with any kind of data plan on it and I am still trying to get used to it. Anyways I downloaded the astro file manager from the android market...  Now how do I purchase the games so that I can transfer them to the as card? And is the data cable just a regular us cable or is it a special cable that I need to buy.

Message 5 of 7 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 4, 2012

Sorry that was supposed to be sd card and usb cable in the last post. The edit button says it cant be used from my phone for some reason and I really need to figure out how to turn off this automatic spellchecker.

Message 6 of 7 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
28740 posts

Jan 5, 2012

celebi2012 wrote:

how do I purchase the games so that I can transfer them to the as card? And is the data cable just a regular us cable or is it a special cable that I need to buy.

You don't do any of that. It won't even work.  You purchase games for the PLAY on the phone itself, preferably (sometimes  necessarily) when it is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi; as many PS1 games are too large to download over 3G or 4G. Android games can be downloaded from the Android Marketplace, but Playstation games have to be downloaded and installed using the Xperia PLAY Games launcher; which is built in to the phone's operating system. The launcher will download and install the game.  Most of the game will be installed on the memory card, but a small part of the game gets installed in the phone's internal memory.  This is mostly for copy protection purposes.  You can't use a memory card to transfer the games because not all of the game is installed on the card. Sony has a support web site for the PLAY that explains all of this. 

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/learn-more/subject/getmoregamesusingthexperiapl...

You can also get help from your wireless carrier.  The PLAY is a Playstation-branded product; but it is a phone, so it is supported by a different subsidiary of Sony than the rest of the Playstation products; so you won't find much about it on playstation.com.

GKP
Message 7 of 7 (287 Views)
0 Likes