Apr 13 2013
By: LetsGoTime First Son 2 posts

why does downloading demos take so long??

2 replies 208 views Edited Apr 13, 2013

im currently downloading the Ni no kuni demo and it says it would take 2000 minutes! the demo is 2.6gigs and im wondering why it should take so long! i have a wired connection and its not that far from my router. Matter of fact, this slow download time happens everytime i download a demo or anything from PS store. My ps3 was purchased in 2009. i've read that other people can download 2gigs in around an hour and wondering how that it so. Im tempted to leave it overnight but i  dont think it's worth it considering its just a demo. im dreaded just imagining how long it would take to download a full game. can someone tell me why is my download so slow compared to other people and how can i make it faster? thanks much appreciated, i want to play Ni no kuni.

Message 1 of 3 (208 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1130 posts

Re: why does downloading demos take so long??

Apr 13, 2013

No offense, but its your download speed. I have a 20 mb download speed and downloaded borderlands 2 in way under an hour. Borderlands 2 is 5 gigabytes.

You may be able to call your ISP and have an option to get a faster speed package. Also, I have read that using a proxy on your ps3 will speed up downloads, but I have never set up a proxy on my ps3, so I cant tell you how you can do it. I am sure if you google it you can find out how.

Message 2 of 3 (194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: why does downloading demos take so long??

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

ok so its my download speed. during the download i counted my download speed on the ps3 to be at about 1 megabyte every 12 seconds im assuming that's bad considering how slow it takes. so u think i should get a faster internet connection by contacting my provider... umm speed package, yes? and i assume you have to pay a little more for fast internet? thanks for answering, i figured it was my internet speed because my computer also takes a long time to download games. once i get the speed package i should be able to download faster? thanks man!

edit: i just took a speed test online on my laptop and it says my ping is 361ms, download speed: 0.15mbps, upload speed: 0.21mbps

im guessing this is slow as hell so it reflects on my ps3 downloads as well? ok i just looked at at&t internet packages and will it suffice if i buy the package for casual usage ( at&t Pro) like around 38$ with 3megabits per second? will this suffice for downloading demos and full games on ps3?

Message 3 of 3 (183 Views)
0 Likes