May 17 2011
By: sillyshyme First Son 7 posts

when will we be getting the free ID protection?

5 replies 23 views Edited May 17, 2011

I have yet to get the email about the ID protection when will they be sent?

Message 1 of 6 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: when will we be getting the free ID protection?

May 17, 2011

I just asked the same question in general. According to the blog it says they would begin May 5th and send them out over the next few days. Still haven't received mine either.

Message 2 of 6 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 18, 2011

I see on the blog it says free ID protection for US residents, but uhh what about Canadians? our we getting shafted?

Message 3 of 6 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

May 18, 2011

it said the id protection will only be issued to those people in countries which use such things, so i dont know if canada uses programs like that but if they do than i dont see what you wouldnt get it.

and a few days is probably working days so no sat or sun and and a few is 5-6 days than it will probably take acouple (2-3) more days for it to actually be shipped and recieved via your mail box sooooo, you will probably recieve the end of this week or next week

Message 4 of 6 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 18, 2011

They are probably waiting to see identities being stolen before they send the codes out.

I'd love to hear what lame excuse they use to justify this non-action. It's not the hack or the net being down that bothers me, but not sending out those critical e-mails starting 2+ weeks ago is unforgivable. CC data has NOTHING to do with identity theft, but the fact your password is know very much is the prime ingredient to having your identity stolen.

0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

May 20, 2011

Still have not received mine.  Sony sent me this a few days ago:

Thank you for contacting Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA) with your questions concerning the AllClear ID Plus program. Very soon we will begin sending out activation emails to all PlayStation® Network and Qrocity account holders in the United States. The email will contain the step by step instructions (including the activation code) you will need to sign up for the program.

Additional information about the AllClear ID Plus Program can be found on our blog at:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/05/sony-offering-free-allclear-id-plus-identity-theft-protect...

Any updates or additional information on the program will also be posted on the blog as soon as the information becomes available:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

We appreciate the fact that you have been very patient with us throughout the entire outage and ask that you continue to be patient as we work to roll out this program.

Regards,
Sarah K.

Also I noticed that the allclear website now has a submit button for your code so it looks like perhaps they were waiting until all clear had the site setup. 

Message 6 of 6 (23 Views)
0 Likes