Jul 06 2013
By: ThuthukaD First Son 2 posts

what are you doing SONY?!? (error 800233EF)

5 replies 1501 views Edited Jul 6, 2013
I'm seriously frustrated with your psn issues now. I can't update anything anymore.

I know this has to do with you cause I keep getting the same error code which says 800233EF every time I try download something and it dosent tell me how to fix it. For the past month I've been trying to fugure this out and how to stop it.

I still don't know the answer but from what I've read from similar topics all over the internet, its YOUR FAULT.

I can't enjoy some of my games properly cause I can't update them so I can't play online. I can't reinstall ps home, I can't update ps store for the past 2 or 3 months now and I can't play games online that I haven't updated.

This is a big issiue that YOU need to fix. I respect SONY, way more than microsoft so I didn't expect to have to deal with these kind of problems.

My first post on here and I really didn't want it to be about me whining about you not doing your job properly. So with all due respect please fix this problem.
Message 1 of 6 (1,501 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Re: what are you doing SONY?!? (error 800233EF)

Jul 6, 2013

You'd be better off calling

Message 2 of 6 (1,497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I'm not doing some long distance call, besides they gona say something that won't really help me. I know this coz I've seen what they say to ppl with the same problem
Message 3 of 6 (1,479 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Jul 7, 2013

ThuthukaD wrote:
I'm not doing some long distance call, besides they gona say something that won't really help me. I know this coz I've seen what they say to ppl with the same problem

I don't know why I'm posting because it seems you don't really want help or answers. You seem to want to  just kick and scream but anyway it's not a long distance call. It's a toll free call. 1-800-345-7669. Mayber they'll say something that will help you coz maybe you're smarter than the ppl with the same problem. :smileywink:

Message 4 of 6 (1,461 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 19, 2013

I need to help\\\    \\\  error 800233EF                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I have( little big planet 1 ) when I want to play it online it says .\\ the latest update data for this software has been found . to sign in and use this software, you must update the software to the latest version 1.30 \\   when I click ok starts download and somewhere

in download  progress no matter which any percent its reach, an error pops up says \\ an error occurred during the download operation 800233EF \\ . I tried every thing i can find on internet 1. I changed DSN setting and 2. disable UPNP and  3. I changed PROXY ADRESS and 4. returing my roter to factory setting and 5. I deleted all the game data on my ps3 and start download it again 6. even I changed my user name still the same thing . no one seems to know any thing about this\\  ERROR 800233EF \\ so I need your help to fix this . and what's error 800233ef mean why it's happen and how to fix it . I love my ps3 and my games and I think it's better in every way from xbox 360 expet these errors .           so you need to fix this . Can anyone hlep me , please?

Message 5 of 6 (1,260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 3, 2013

i have the same problem sitting in south africa now with the latest update of GT5 ! error 800233EF and also 80710736 codes . this sux hugely !!!

Message 6 of 6 (1,097 Views)
0 Likes