Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2012
By: EmoKitten4 First Son 3 posts

welcome back package games not working right

5 replies 154 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

ok so i bought the 500 gig ps3 a few weeks back and downloaded all my psn games and such (still got like 200g left :smileyvery-happy:) but i tried to download infamous 1 onto my ps3 cuz i got it free from the welcome back package last year and it worked fine a few months back but when i try to install it it asks if i wanna put it onto my psp ii say no and nothing happens and it just flat out refuses to let me install the game i called them a week or so ago about this and the guy on the phone told me they are working on it well it's been awhile so i thought id post this up here and maybe it will help get it fixed cuz it's not like i can go onto psn and rebuy the game sinced it claims i own it im locked out of it

Message 1 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30409 posts

Re: welcome back package games not working right

Dec 16, 2012

EmoKitten4 wrote:

ok so i bought the 500 gig ps3 a few weeks back and downloaded all my psn games and such (still got like 200g left :smileyvery-happy:) but i tried to download infamous 1 onto my ps3 cuz i got it free from the welcome back package last year and it worked fine a few months back but when i try to install it it asks if i wanna put it onto my psp ii say no and nothing happens and it just flat out refuses to let me install the game i called them a week or so ago about this and the guy on the phone told me they are working on it well it's been awhile so i thought id post this up here and maybe it will help get it fixed cuz it's not like i can go onto psn and rebuy the game sinced it claims i own it im locked out of it

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Try downloading the game from the PS Store via your download list, that should help, alternatively go to your transaction management, choose the game you want (inFAMOUS) & try it that way too.

Message 2 of 6 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Man I looked for this post and did not find it earlier, so I made a new one, sorry about that.

The exact same thing has happened to me bud. Like 3 weeks ago or so I got the 500GB PS3 and only the Welcome Back Games won't isntall and the PS3 thinks they are PSP games. Support people told me the same thing but to date I still have the same problem. I really love playing Dead Nation and like you, it's not like we can buy it again and download to play it.

Don't erase your Welcome Back Games cause you will loose them people. Hopefully it is true and they are looking for a solution to this problem.

Message 3 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30409 posts

Dec 20, 2012

amiaturtle wrote:

Man I looked for this post and did not find it earlier, so I made a new one, sorry about that.

The exact same thing has happened to me bud. Like 3 weeks ago or so I got the 500GB PS3 and only the Welcome Back Games won't isntall and the PS3 thinks they are PSP games. Support people told me the same thing but to date I still have the same problem. I really love playing Dead Nation and like you, it's not like we can buy it again and download to play it.

Don't erase your Welcome Back Games cause you will loose them people. Hopefully it is true and they are looking for a solution to this problem.

Don't worry about it, by the way i just responded to your other post.

If my sggestion, the same as above doesn't work let me know, others have experienced similar problems.

Message 4 of 6 (126 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Ok buddy, I'll let you know, thank you again.

Message 5 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Games downloaded and installed fine thru the XMB. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (112 Views)
0 Likes